Does anyone else have gold colored, very soft, greasy-shiny stools?

Sorry to be so graphic, but I want to find out if anyone else has the same situation. I'm in my 4th week and since about the second week, my stools have been gold colored, shiny and very soft. Initially, the stools were a Khaki green, greasy-shiny, and very soft. Is this normal? I've searched the forums and can't find anyone else mentioning this. 

• Moderators

The color of your stools is related to what you are eating, your gut bacteria, and maybe your stress levels. I am curious about what you are eating to get gold poops.

Here are two articles about poop you might want to review: http://www.mamanatural.com/great-poop-looks-like/

I usually eat about 3 eggs in the morning with sautéed onions and green peppers, compliant salsa, and a banana or some other fruit (I know it's not recommended to eat fruit in the morning).

Lunch is usually a chicken breast, with compliant cole slaw or mixed green salad or cooked cauliflower, broccoli and carrots or I'll have tuna salad with pickles (as compliant as possible - I've checked the blogs and they aren't ideal, but were deemed acceptable), green or red onions, pecans and boiled eggs. Sometimes I'll have an organic (but not grass-fed) hamburger patty with onions and raw carrots or cooked sweet potato and fresh fruit.

I usually eat a several of handfuls of nuts throughout the day.

At dinner I'll have very similar stuff to my lunchtime meal (including another fruit).

I've worked hard to eat compliant foods, low these many days, but have begun to wonder if my body just can't handle this much fat or something.

I usually eat a several of handfuls of nuts throughout the day.

This might be posing a problem.

You want to avoid snacking throughout the day. You want to create meals that satiate you for 4- 5 hours.

Until you get there, if you're genuinely hungry between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), the guidance is to have a mini meal containing protein, veg and fat. Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30, and are to be used on a limited basis only.

Nuts would appear to be your only source of fat, and seeing as they can be notoriously hard on the gut I'm guessing that might be your problem.

When my son was at his worst and we were attempting to introduce new foods green poop (often accompanied by stomach cramps/wind) was usually indicative of something he was having difficulty to digest.

Replace the nuts with olives, avocado, cocnut oil etc and you may well be on to a winner....

Archived