Starting 27th April

Amz

Just a quick hello and want to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day. Take a few moments today to remember all those who have fought for our freedom. 

I can't believe it is day 28, but in some ways I have stopped counting the days because I feel like I will continue to eat like this for the most part, adding back a few things if I don't have any negative effects. I know this is not a weight loss program, but I need to lose weight - I lost 20 before I started whole 30 and I'm sure I have lost some more judging by the way my clothes are fitting. If I can eat this much food, that tastes great and continue to lose weight - why wouldn't I keep this up  :)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! Sounds like there were a lot of good weekends had.

Been doing great - getting more sleep and making sure to always get a starchy veg at lunch and dinner seemed to make a major difference in energy & general mood. I'm feeling like a good number of inches have been removed from my body! I'm looking forward to Wednesday and the opportunity to see what's moved & where.

Like Susabella, I'm planning to continue a modified W30 for quite some time. I'll do a slow-roll reintro for a couple of things I've been wanting to add: At this point, I'm thinking there are only a few things I even want to add back: plain, full-fat greek yogurt, whole-kernel corn to add to my starchy veg rotation, and garbanzo beans because strangely I *really* miss hummus with my veggies! Those things, plus maybe wine and vodka for an occasional weekend drink. Also I'm considering what my sugar tolerance level might be moving forward. Will I do "zero-tolerance" as with the standard W30, allow for honey only as an added (aiming for the "less than 2%) notation on bacon and sausage, and for things such as wisely-chosen ketchup or horseradish sauce, etc., that has just a little bit of sugar but not corn syrup? I'm not sure just yet. Although there was a bump in the third week of my 30 days because of my period, I feel like all of that and more has come off - and I am cautious about how rough I want my first Off Road adventure to be! :-)

Congrats to everyone who stayed the course throughout, including Susabella, WeebleMom, Gina, AlisaO, and all.

And congrats also to everyone who started and had the power to restart, or who stuck with it for a good amount of time. You made great changes for your body!

Congrats to you also, Espie!

I am so darn happy to have made Day 30 :D
I'd like to thank each of you for being there with support and tips throughout the way. This forum was a godsend.

A special thank you to Espie, who I feel was our unofficial Captain. And, to the moderators who offered their experienced and tough advice.

I have learned so much about myself and I'm finally in control of my eating habits.

I am looking forward to a systematic re-intro and learning more about my body. I plan to stay connected to the Whole30 and Whole9 communities.

We did it!!  Kudos to all who are here on day 30! Espie, special thanks for being the best cheerleader of all!! I'm feeling so good I'm almost afraid to reintroduce anything... and I might just continue on until I feel like I am ready. Hope everyone stays connected and continues to post what they are going through and how they are feeling. 

:)

Good morning, Ladies! Hooray! It has been a joy to be with you on this first W30 journey for all of us!!

Let's just keep this thread going until/unless one of the mods tells us we have to kick it over to the Reintro section.

I'm excited to take a few measurements today, and to re-intro just a couple of foods and then continue on for another 30 days. I'll report back later!

Espie

Does anyone know if there is a summary (in the forums, or somewhere else) that notes the harmful effects of the foods eliminated on Whole30?  Sugars, grains, legumes, etc.  I know they are discussed in detail in It Starts With Food but I was looking for a kind of cheat sheet.  Thanks!

So here's the thing -- I was definitely hoping for some significant benefits from Whole30, and I didn't see them.  I stayed perfectly on plan the whole time.  My energy never surged, my eczema did not lessen, and my pants aren't any looser.  HOWEVER, that being said -- I read It Starts With Food, and all of that science sounded good to me.  I really want to try to continue to eat mostly this way, with the assumption that it can only make me healthier.  So I'm doing a slow reintroduction of all the forbidden food groups, just to see if any are particularly problematic, and then I'm hoping to settle in to a modified version where I try hard not to eat grain, legumes, dairy or soy -- but I'm not super-rigid if special occasions come up.  I may not interrogate the waiter about what my salmon is marinated in, but I don't have to eat a bagel just because someone brought them to work.  I will still need to be vigilant about snacking, and definitely about sugar.  I can't bear the thought of continuing on a Whole 45 or 60, but I can definitely see myself just being a person who doesn't eat a lot of grains or dairy, etc.

Hope that made sense -- sorry if I'm ranting!  Congratulations to everyone and good luck with your reintroductions.

• Administrators

Does anyone know if there is a summary (in the forums, or somewhere else) that notes the harmful effects of the foods eliminated on Whole30?  Sugars, grains, legumes, etc.  I know they are discussed in detail in It Starts With Food but I was looking for a kind of cheat sheet.  Thanks!

Check out the Whole9 Manifesto series:  http://whole9life.com/category/manifesto-series/

Archived