Doubts on my success with Whole30. Pls help!

Schnauzy

I am a bit overwhelmed with what we can't eat during the whole30. Is the whole30 mainly to test what negative effects certain foods have on our bodies? My main concern is my sugar cravings that I want to get rid of. Is this one concern enough to try out the whole30?

I definitely want to lose weight as well and have been having trouble the past years!

Thank you!!

The point of Whole30 is to focus on real, whole, nutrient dense food and eliminate foods that are problematic for a number of reasons. It's about learning how your body responds to different things, being mindful, and eating to nourish yourself instead of eating crap. If you're wanting to eliminate sugar cravings then yes, the Whole30 would be an awesome way to start.

• Administrators

The Whole30 is an amazing program that can change your relationship with food (ie, identify and help eliminate emotional and distracted eating) as well as kill off sugar cravings.  Absolutely your reasons are enough for doing it because they are your reasons!  

Instead of thinking of what you can't eat (because the list is a bit lengthy and can definitely be overwhelming), focus on what you will be able to eat. Protein, vegetables, some fruit and good fats.  You'll eliminate grains, dairy, legumes, sugars and alcohol.  

The meal planning template (linked in my signature below) helps you to create meals that will keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours starting with the first meal within an hour of waking.  This template and meal timing is where hormone and blood sugar balancing come in and how you will help to do damage to that Sugar Dragon.  The composition of the meals (protein + veggies + fat) is also a key part of killing off your sugar cravings.  

And we're all here for you, to help and support and troubleshoot for you if you need it!  :D

One of the best things for me about doing a Whole 30 is that real food starts to really taste good.  It is like the flavor of fruits and veggies is intensified after I have been away from the sugar and processed food for a while.  Carrots taste sweet and fruit tastes sweeter than it used to, so after a little while the sugar cravings went away and I feel happier.  

I am on day 25 of my first Whole 30 and I hope you have the breakthrough you are looking for.  I have begun to like cooking again.

God's blessings on you as you get going.

We can learn to be good at this and change our perspective on food after a Whole 30.

A good relationship with food is like a good marriage.  It requires commitment.  Being comfortable is the best part of a good marriage.

It's the same in a good relationship with food.   We can be ourselves and relax.  We can breathe.

When you find The One, it will never come in the package you're expecting.   It's rarely a thunderbolt moment that strikes and says...this is the one.   In a good marriage, you're nice and polite, say please and thank you.   You never say NEVER.   There's alot of give and take.

Those who have been searching their entire lifetime for the The One are usually too picky or have superficial expectations.   It will never come to them in the package they're expecting.

A good relationship with food is like a good marriage.   

We can learn to be good at it.   We can't be too picky or superficial.   We have to learn to be comfortable in our own skin, nice and polite to ourselves...never say NEVER.    It's okay to fight with yourself but learn how to fight without beating yourself up.   

Don't be scared.  It's 30 days.  I made it through my first W30 with that thought in my head.  It became easy to make it through and not have that sugar dragon calling out.  I was a true sugar addict, I felt I had to have something sweet after every meal.

Now, after 2 W30s and a W100 that started Jan 1, I have definitely taken control over that sugar dragon.  I am feeling it start to creep back in the door though so I am aiming for another W30 starting May 4.  Plus, I have a lot more weight to lose so I'm aiming to hit a goal by the middle of June.

Archived