No Weightloss in 2nd Whole30

krh2013

Hey... I am wrapping up my 2nd whole30 and haven't lost any weight or inches. The first whole30 I did, my husband and I both lost 15lbs each. Now I didn't do this 2nd one just for weightloss, but I was optimistic. I feel like I've hit a plateau. Is there something else I should do now? I don't have much left to loose, just the last 10-15 lbs. but it's hanging on for dear life!

Did you do the two whole30's back to back? If so, it'd probably be a bit much to expect to lose the same amount 2nd time around. 30lbs in 60 days would be a lot IMHO. Slow & steady wins the race, and I'd say if whole30 is working for as a way of life then stick with it & those last few pounds you're looking to shift will go eventually.

Did you stick to the recommended food templates, and avoid snacking?

Of course, it could well be that those last 10-15lbs don't really *need* to go and that you've just reached your natural weight. Continuing on will see improvements in your body composition though which is maybe where your focus needs to lie.

• Administrators

Of course, it could well be that those last 10-15lbs don't really *need* to go and that you've just readched your natural weight. Continuing on will see improvements in your body composition though which is maybe where your focus needs to lie.

This is what I was going to say.  That 10-15# that we women want to shed at all costs....sometimes that is hormonally healthy weight that comes with being a woman.  Women are designed to carry more body weight than males.  If you are eating well and close to Whole30 templates/design and exercising appropriately and the pounds aren't shifting, it's possible that they won't.

On the other hand, it's possible that if you just keep on trucking on, that your body composition will change but your weight will stay the same.  This is part of the reason we don't encourage the scale as a measure of health or success.  

Archived