Shaved organic coconut and raisins?

Carolgirl

I have found a little snack that takes the edge off of my craving for something sweet...shaved organic coconut and organic raisins. If I am looking for a little fat, I will add a few macadamia nuts. Is this ok to have on the plan?

If you're looking to edge off a craving then I'd say no, this is not the way to go.... Eat something sweet when the sugar dragon raises it's ugly head & the sugar dragon wins. Try upping the protein & fat content of your meals to stave off the cravings & keep you fuller for longer, reducing the need to snack at all.

Compliant, yes. Best option, no.

• Moderators

The best way to extinguish cravings is to eat substantial meals with good portions of protein, fat, and veggies. And if a craving becomes intense, never eat anything close to sweet or snacky. So avoid fruit, coconut, nuts, etc when feeling cravings. Eat a can of tuna or a boiled egg if you are hungry, but the general principle is to starve a sugar dragon. Never feed it. This principle is not our pet theory. It has been tested fully in real life and is the best way to succeed over time. People who dance with their sugar dragon through consumption of fruit or dessert-like concoctions often remain slaves to their dragons. 

Archived