Day 11 and ready to quit

I almost think you were trolling us with your initial post with the way you're just killing it now!! ;)

Heh. Yeah! ;) Except your kitchen woes were too real to be anything but "HELP!" Now look at all your skillz... Awesome.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still having a little trouble in the kitchen hehe first try at hard boiled eggs, I got soft boiled eggs,  some dry chicken from over cooking. but still eat it all. Still learning alot. I'm just had to sit back take a breath and hit it hard. Just keep telling myself this is way easier then when i quit smoking 15 years ago.

going to try roasting my veggies again burnt them last time i tried.

• Administrators

Roasting veggies = high heat, shortish time.  I do 435F for about 20 minutes, middle oven rack.  Try subbing your chicken breast with boneless skinless thighs, they stand up to a bit of overcooking better than chicken breast will.

Hard boiled eggs = eggs into pot, add water.  Cover, bring to rolling boil. Turn off heat but leave pot on the burner covered for 20 minutes.  Then remove, chill either in running cold water or a pot of ice water.  

Hi Shane

Only have a few foods to deal with or

Write down 3 proteins you like cook 5 lbs

Do the same root veg entire roasting pan 425 oven spices oil mix well watch them 15 min

Boil eggs 12at a time in skillet bring to a boil with salt Shut off leave 5 min then remove to cool salted water for 15mins Dry off return to box and store in fridge

Do the same greens bulk or buy box salad greens organic prewashed few raw veggies avacado

Mix and match

You know what you like so don't drive yourself nuts

Stick to W30 shopping list only!!

Good luck you'll be fine

I learned a new trick for hard "boiled" eggs recently (thank you Alton Brown). Don't boil them - steam them. Seriously. They come out perfect every single time and are super easy to de-shell.

You just need a steamer basket thingy to put in your 2 or 3 quart saucepan. Put about 1" of water in the pan and bring it to a boil. Add the eggs to steamer basket (I do 6 at a time), and cover for 12 minutes. Immediately following the steaming, put the eggs in an ice bath for 3 minutes. 

Kudos to you for quitting smoking, too. I quit something like 6.5 years ago, and I agree - doing a Whole30 is actually easier than that was! 

I learned a new trick for hard "boiled" eggs recently

Another vote for steaming! ;)

I steam them as well, except I use a Sunbeam egg steamer appliance from the 70's.  It's pretty awesome, made out of iron & BakeLite ... I joke that it's probably made out of lead & asbestos and that's why the eggs always turn out perfect.  :D

Archived