I cheated... so sad

Yesterday was day 18. I was feeling amazing. I seriously don't know what made me do it. I went to dinner with my boyfriend's parents and before I knew what I was doing, I ordered a glass of wine. The SECOND the wine touched my lips, everything I cared about went out the window. I ate 2 rolls with butter before dinner, and then a half brownie and a scoop of ice cream after. Then ordered a second glass of wine.

I have been very upset all day. I think I missed those things and wanted them so badly, but the reality of eating them was HORRIBLE! I feel like I've let myself down, and dishonored my commitment. (I mean, I DID do that.)

So now I need to decide. Do I call today Day 1? I am holding back tears even thinking about starting over. Or do I add some days on to the end? Do I just move on? Take it as a learning experience?

I can NOT believe I did that. I am SO sad and disappointed..... Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.... 

• Administrators

I think, honestly, given how upset you are now on the blown committment and how very much you went off the rails, that you would benefit by sitting down, examining what happened so that you have an idea and then planning a full 30 days.  You owe yourself 30 days.  You promised.

;)

Clear the decks, clean the slate and Start Over.

Adding days on will not make you feel better. That's only an imaginary stop gap measure.  An authentic Whole 30 is the real deal.  That's what you want.

My first Whole 30, the thought of having 30 Whole days under my belt...Oooooo, I wanted that in the worst way.  That thought alone kept pulling me along as I was scaling the cliffs.  It was mountain climbing with my fingers and toes.   You want it, you really, really do.

Woah! Deep calming breaths. Deep soothing breaths.

Not being able to finish, complete or do a whole 30 without a slip does NOT make you less of a person. You're not flawed or a giant screw up, lacking in judgement or will power. i just want to be clear that you shouldn't wrap your sense of self worth around *any one thing*. It was definitely not the "best" choice you made, but please don't think or view it in such harsh terms as a "failure". It sets up an unrealistic and bad relationship with both food and your whole 30 journey. No one is *perfect*. So you went off the rails. It was one meal. It happens. What's more important is to understand what triggered things to lead to an otherwise out-of-character evening for you. Once you've taken some time to understand the emotional and psychological forces that were invisibly tugging you, I think you'll be in a much better place.

So, basically, just everything ladyshanny said. :)

Archived