Can I make popsicles?

Sarah1313

Hi,

I am just wondering if I can have a home made popsicle on whole 30.  The ingredients are all whole 30 compliant, banana, raspberries, cashew milk, no added sugar or anything.  I am just wondering if it counts as SWYPO?? I used to make frozen banana and raw cocoa milkshakes, before whole 30, so that I am not eating, because it is too much like a milk shake for sure, but I am not sure if a popsicle is too much like ice cream.  I purposely did not add the raw cocoa because I know it would be too much like dessert then.  The thing is, I live in Florida and it is really hot!  I am thinking since it is not sweet, it is more like frozen fruit.  Can someone please advise?  THanks!

• Moderators

It's hot here in Texas too. I focus on drinking lots of fluids. Mostly plain water, but teas or infused waters are good for a change, sometimes sparkling water, kombucha, and occasionally an iced coffee with coconut milk are all good. 

You might also find something like these cold plate meals a refreshing, cool meal during hot afternoons. Plus, you can make up all the cooked things you'll need for them on one day, and then avoid having to heat up the oven and stove every day for lunch.

Also, once you've been on a Whole30 for a while (especially assuming you limit fruit to no more than two servings a day, with meals, as recommended), you'll notice that fruit seems so much sweeter, and you'll realize why your popsicles really are a dessert type food.

Archived