Can I have green juices?

nlehrman

Ok. I find that I can have more veggies by juicing than chewing. I guess it's the opposite for me. If juicing right - you should swish the juice in your mouth so that the enzymes are still released like you were chewing.

• Moderators

We have talked about green juice many times over the years. The answer remains basically the same...

We recommend eating whole foods during a Whole30. This is the best way to develop good eating habits. Drinking your food is a problem because liquid food digests faster than whole foods. This disturbs your satiety signals and makes it harder for you to habitually eat the proper amount of food over time. 

If you need to drink green juice to eat enough veggies, you are failing to compose proper meals. The disastrous issue is failing to compose proper meals because that failure will erode your health forever. 

You can erode the success of your Whole30 by maintaining your old eating habits and not practicing the eating habits recommended by the Whole30, but I cannot understand why you would.  

Archived