Ketosis

I'm glad you brought nicotine up, what is the deal with nicotine, I don't smoke ciggs but I do enjoy a cigar occasionally

Well, I thought cigar smoke was not inhaled the way cigarettes are. So aren't they not really addictive?? I quit smoking almost 16 years ago, and I'm so glad!

I made my second batch of ghee, I cooked this one a little longer than the first and noticed more milk solids on the bottom of the pan and the finished product after it cooled was a thick liquid. The first batch had a thicker consistency. Which should it be?

• 2 weeks later...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!

I finished my whole30, never got that rush of energy but I did loose 8lbs. I have read a lot about LCHF and thought the W30 would be a great segway into this. I have been doing the LCHF for 8 days now but I think I will go back to the W30. I haven't had sugar, dairy or any carbs, other than vegies, since I started my W30 but when I started the LCHF I did add a couple tbl spoons of heavy cream with my 2 cups of coffee. I don't want to give that up. I KNOW DAIRY IS NOT IN THE WHOLE30. My question is will that small amount of dairy derail the good effects of the W30? I am doing well without the carbs although I would love a LARGE bowl of ice cream sprinkled with crumbled oreos and topped with some Kahlua!

Thanks

Mike

• Administrators

Hey Mike,

Congrats on finishing!  As you've stated, if you include dairy in your plan, it will not be a Whole30. Only you can say whether or not that limited amount of dairy is going to wreak havoc with your good feelings as everyone is so individual.  If it was me having dairy every day I'd be in skin and digestive hell.  If you tolerate it then maybe you'll be fine.

Watch for delayed reactions and subtle reactions such as mood, skin, energy etc as they may not be as obvious as digestive ailments.

Archived