Eggs not welcome here

crossfitgirl

This topic has been discussed many times on the forum. The best way to search previous posts is via Google - type in 'whole30' + 'your topic of choice' (in your case non egg breakfasts) & there you go....

You may also find this thread helpful - especially if you stop thinking in terms of breakfast, lunch & tea, but rather in terms of meal one, two & three...

• Moderators

How about a hash made with sweet potatoes, ham, and any other veggies and meats you like?  You could make a big batch and heat them daily.

Be absolutely certain you read the ingredients on ham -- it is nearly impossible to find any in a grocery store that doesn't have sugar added.

Sweet Potato Hash is a good idea, though. You can use pretty much any meat, but I favor breakfast sausage flavors with the sweet potato. It's hard to find a commercial one that's compliant, but start with a recipe like this (omit the brown sugar, obviously) and play with the seasonings to get it to where you like it. Personally, I leave out the pepper flakes and up the sage, but I'm kind of a wimp about the spicy stuff. Brown that and use it instead of the Italian sausage that hash recipe calls for. 

• 5 weeks later...

I certainly don't hate eggs, in fact I raise my own hens for them, BUT I am really sick of them for breakfast. My plan? I making soups for breakfast, creamy tomato (coconut milk), cream of broccoli, mushroom, chicken and spaghetti squash for noodles and a recipe I got for Zuppa Tuscano from NomNomPaleo. It's a great alternative, especially if you don't like black coffee.

• 4 weeks later...

You could also do a hash with carrots and sautéed greens. What about making your own breakfast sausage? 

Two of my favorites:

http://paleomg.com/sneak-peek-recipe-from-juli-bauers-paleo-cookbook-apple-fennel-breakfast-sausage/

http://www.realfoodwithdana.com/butternut-squash-breakfast-sausage/--> this link also has some great ideas for egg-free breakfasts! :) 

Always glad to see a new thread, even if it's the same topic as a while ago!

My teen doesn't like eggs, and she's just not hungry at 5:30 in the morning when she has to get up for school.  We just stick to (compliant) bacon and fruit (in season - now it's apples or bananas).  That does the trick.

Personally, I love hash!

Archived