Donna's Post 100 - Gonna Make it through the Winter Log

Dnnasttn

Yesterday I ate at a Mexican restaurant.  It tasted good and I didn't make terrible choices.  Steak quesadilla with a nice fresh guac, lettuce and a small amount of sour cream and cheese.  The steak was not seasoned, so that was helpful!  No beans, no rice, no sauces except hot sauce.  I'm relieved because I don't feel lousy after doing so!  Today is going to be clean, very clean, eating.  Feeling good!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been feeling good and eating well.  Definitely avoiding Wendy's salad, like, forever!  Not much to report although I will say I'm excited to be planning a picnic for when my son comes home to visit later in the month.  We'll have some Whole-30ers in the group, so I can break out the Bubbies products and make some Kalua pig... yay!

9/1/15 -- I need to get back to the template and on a schedule.  While I'm still eating healthy food, I find myself skipping meals and then getting too hungry.  So I stocked up on my favorite good foods last night and am getting back on schedule!  We've been out for gelato once a week since my W100, and I think the sugar cravings are returning.  I find myself thinking about sugary stuff after such a long freedom from it.  No!!!  Time to shut the gelato habit down for a while.

Eternally grateful for W30!

Hope you're doing well Donna.

Thanks Britt - I hope you're doing better than I am!  I'm off on a tangent with sugar... had a donut and a half today, this after an ice cream at the pool over the weekend.  Soooo not good!  My son comes for a visit in 11 days so tomorrow I start a W10.  I need to log my food, etc. and go back to basics for a while!  Sugar is such a problem for me but at least I know how to put it to rest.  Sigh - time to get busy!

You must be getting excited about your trip.  Isn't it soon?  

W10 / Day3 - 9/11/15

I wonder if I will ever write the date 9/11 without cringing.  Probably not.  

M1:  3 eggs with mayo, Bubbies pickle and lettuce

M2:  2 Applegate hotdogs, sauerkraut, grapes

M3:  pork chop, cauliflower, sweet potato with ghee, grapes

I think it's always going to be weird for those of us who remember it.

Good eating today! Are those Bubbies pickles really expensive where you live? They are here.

Yes, expensive for pickles, but soooo good.  I only eat 1 at a time.  I think they're like $6.99... so is the sauerkraut.  

W10 / day 4 - 9/12/15

Arrghh didn't post last night but I should be able to remember yesterday's meals!  

M1:  3 eggs fried in ghee, yellow squash

M2:  Chicken apple sausage, sauerkraut, mixed greens, grapes

M3:  2 Applegate hotdogs, sweet potato with coconut oil, sauerkraut and grapes

I was worried that I had gone too far off the rails from my first W100 and that I'd have the first week headaches and tiredness, but it's now day 5 I don't!  Feeling good!  

I didn't realize you were doing a Whole10; I just noticed that you were eating really clean! That is great that you aren't having the headaches and tiredness of your Whole100. I'm hoping that if I don't go too crazy for the next couple of weeks it will be a smooth transition for me, too.

• 2 weeks later...

How is it going Donna??

Hi Britt, thanks for checking on me!

I am off the rails with my eating.  Spent about 2 weeks with a horrible (worst ever) cold AND my son came home to visit for a week (YAY!).  While I haven't been eating a ton, I've been eating the wrong things, including sugar.  Since I have an exciting trip planned in November, I'm thinking a W31 for all of October is in order.  You up for it?  Need to check your log to see how your trip was... hope it was WONDERFUL!!!!!!  

Rocktober W30!  D1 W30

No problems getting back in the groove today.  Did a bunch of cooking so I can have food at the ready.  We're in the path of heavy rain and will likely lose power, so the prepared food will be helpful!

M1:  2 eggs and 1 Aidell's chicken/ apple sausage cooked in coconut oil, celery sticks

M2:  2 Applegate hotdogs, Bubbies sauerkraut and a pear

M3:  Silky ginger zucchini soup, 2 slider sized beef patties and broccoli

I'm stuffed!  It's amazing how good food stays with you and the junk food just makes you want more.

Rocktober Whole30. LOL! I love it.  :)

Donna, I finally broke down and bought a jar of Bubbie's pickles and a jar of Bubbie's sauerkraut as preparation for my Whole30. Entirely your influence.

I hope you like it!!!!  When are you starting, Julie? 

Archived