Donna's Post 100 - Gonna Make it through the Winter Log

Dnnasttn

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

W30 D2 10/2/15 (was busy making soup and forgot to post yesterday)

Great day!

M1:  3 eggs fried in coconut oil, gingered zucchini soup

M2:  ground pork and beef in tomato sauce with green pepper, grapes

M3:  tuna with lemon, black olives and grapes on a bed of shredded lettuce, taste of W30 sweet potato/bacon soup

Today is starting with:

M1:  W30 sweet potato with bacon soup and 2 eggs fried in coconut oil (mixed it all together - AWESOME)

Feelings:  I have a headache but it's not nearly as bad as it was at the start of my first W30.  

W30 D5 

Arrgh... didn't post food this weekend.  Oh well, it's all good and compliant!  I was headachy and kind of woozy this weekend, but not too bad.  Also noticed some inflammation flare up which hasn't happened in a very long time.  Hitting it with Alleve and moving on!

Taking soup for lunch today... the sweet potato with bacon (paleo) is so good!

Have a good day!

You can push through, Donna! Aleve to the rescue!  :)

Where did you get the recipe for the sweet potato & bacon soup? It sounds amazing! Is it in one of the books? I'm not sure if I can find sugar-free bacon around here, but it's worth looking to make that.

You can push through, Donna! Aleve to the rescue!  :)

Where did you get the recipe for the sweet potato & bacon soup? It sounds amazing! Is it in one of the books? I'm not sure if I can find sugar-free bacon around here, but it's worth looking to make that.

http://meljoulwan.com/2013/01/02/paleo-sweet-potato-soup/

This is a link to the recipe I used.  I buy the bacon at Whole Foods - expensive but a nice indulgence every now and then!

W30 D5 meals

M1:  pork chop, celery with almond butter

M2:  sweet potato soup with bacon and leftover veggies mixed in

M3:  2 applegate hotdogs, sauerkraut, sweet potato with coconut oil and cinnamon, broccoli and cauliflower mix

I'm tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

How is it going Donna?

I made it to D7.  It wasn't the 30 days I set out to do so I'm very disappointed with myself!  But, last weekend I made a big breakfast casserole and some freezer meals.  That's been helping since work is super-busy.  I don't think I've gained (or lost) any weight and the pain, tiredness, etc. haven't crept back in, so I'll celebrate those little victories.  Thanks for checking, Britt!  

I made it to D7.  It wasn't the 30 days I set out to do so I'm very disappointed with myself!  But, last weekend I made a big breakfast casserole and some freezer meals.  That's been helping since work is super-busy.  I don't think I've gained (or lost) any weight and the pain, tiredness, etc. haven't crept back in, so I'll celebrate those little victories.  Thanks for checking, Britt!  

I'm glad you are doing well! Sounds like you are getting back on track again! I'm trying hard to get back on the wagon. LOL

• 1 month later...

Donna,

Just wanted to check in! I hope you are doing okay. I am doing terrible and I'm starting another Whole100 tomorrow!

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Hi Britt!  Sorry it took so long... I forgot my password and had to reset... blah blah blah.  Anyway, congrats on starting again!  I'm not there yet but I'm close!  Just got back from San Diego where we ate everything in sight... including 2 birthday cakes.  Way off the rails and wanting to get to feeling good again - I feel slow and achy and lousy so I'll be keeping up with you until I can jump in again.  Power on girl!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived