Crockpot Recipes

Shawie

If you have well fed's cookbook, check out her Italian pork roast. Otherwise you can find it on her website, theclothesmakethegirl. I know a lot of forum members really like non non paleos kalua pork; they are actually quite similar. I have done both and my personal preference is for well fed's version.

Nom Nom Paleo's kalua pig--super simple and delicious.

Chicken stock: Toss a whole chicken in the crockpot, leave for about 4 hours (or until cooked through), remove from crock (leave the drippings), shred the meat off the carcass and then toss the bones and skin back into the crockpot. Fill with water, add a glug of vinegar, and let it go for awesome chicken stock.

Any large piece of beef or pork roast. Throw it in, throw on some seasoning, let the crockpot do its thing.

West African Nut Butter Chicken Stew

Shredded chicken parm (Nix the cheese and bread, obviously. You could serve the chicken over veggies, scramble into an omelet, or just plop it on your plate which is what I do.)

Buffalo ranch pulled chicken (check your hot sauce ingredients)

Munkers - I just tried that this week and OMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I was skeptical a few times...but it goes SO WELL TOGETHER. I found out that peeled butternut squash makes my hand peel which made me afraid it would somehow do that when I ate it...but it didn't. And when it was done but no nut butter mixed in I didn't like how it smelled. But I mixed in the nut butter and fridged it all for the next day's dinner and I LOVE IT. Although I do need to add more salt - I wasn't sure how much to add given the salt in my nut butter. Hubby even told me (when I was skeptical before mixing in the nut butter) that if I didn't like it he'd eat it all. Which is a big thing for him...he usually doesn't offer that without tasting something first. And certainly not a new recipe!

Munkers - I just tried that this week and OMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I was skeptical a few times...but it goes SO WELL TOGETHER. I found out that peeled butternut squash makes my hand peel which made me afraid it would somehow do that when I ate it...but it didn't. And when it was done but no nut butter mixed in I didn't like how it smelled. But I mixed in the nut butter and fridged it all for the next day's dinner and I LOVE IT. Although I do need to add more salt - I wasn't sure how much to add given the salt in my nut butter. Hubby even told me (when I was skeptical before mixing in the nut butter) that if I didn't like it he'd eat it all. Which is a big thing for him...he usually doesn't offer that without tasting something first. And certainly not a new recipe!

Yes! I'm glad you like it. :)

I made it for the first time months ago when my husband was on a fishing trip and I was home alone and needing comfort food. This totally hit the spot and I loved having a few raisins sprinkled on top. Hubby loved the leftovers when he got home.

• Administrators

I found out that peeled butternut squash makes my hand peel which made me afraid it would somehow do that when I ate it...but it didn't. 

Butternut squash (and others) actually "burns" your skin.  Here's a really great article:  http://www.gardeningblog.net/2011/10/12/why-butternut-squash-hurts-your-hands/

Note, you may have to highlight all the text and copy it into a word doc because she formatted the page really strangely and you can't read past the first two paragraphs.  Let me know if that doesn't work and I can copy and paste it here.

Archived