Starting Thurs Aug 13

NY2LA2MONTREAL

UGH! I read the package months ago but not recently, so thank you for the heads up! I feel like I have dodged a bullet since I haven't actually used any of it this week.

I must watch these things more closely! My house contains a huge assortment of accommodations for specialized diets. My mom was celiac & her doctor had her on a no-fat-no-salt-no-eggs diet (don't ask). My husband is a meat-&-potatoes-no weird-stuff-guy. My son is a successful athlete, which is where the Shakeology came from, and he needs multiple meals & lots of carbs. My son's girlfriend is a pasta-loving vegetarian. My daughter's children are sensitive to a revolving variety of things... she breastfeeds so has to be careful of the youngest's current triggers. And yes, I can put all my stuff in my own cupboard, but a lot of it overlaps with things that the rest of them eat, so it gets regularly shuffled. My son is probably the one who actually understands food science & chemical reactions the best of the lot (it's his profession) so I tend to blindly accept his additions to the cupboards. No more. :)

And this is why I am on the forums. For just this kind of advice. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Today officially marks two weeks. How's everyone doing? Anybody noticing any changes??? I haven't been on a scale but everyone around is telling me I look like I lost weight. I'm starting to fit better into some of my clothes. I feel better, and even though my bf is not doing the Whole 30 with me, he eats what I cook and WOW!!! What a turn around for him! He is in a better mood and has more energy to work out sometimes even before work. I still use creamer in my coffee but everything else is adherent to the new lifestyle change and it's worth it. Hope to hear from someone on this post.lol

Today officially marks two weeks. How's everyone doing? Anybody noticing any changes??? I haven't been on a scale but everyone around is telling me I look like I lost weight. I'm starting to fit better into some of my clothes. I feel better, and even though my bf is not doing the Whole 30 with me, he eats what I cook and WOW!!! What a turn around for him! He is in a better mood and has more energy to work out sometimes even before work. I still use creamer in my coffee but everything else is adherent to the new lifestyle change and it's worth it. Hope to hear from someone on this post.lol

Hi Latasha,

Congratulations to you and your BF.

Today is  my husband and my 15th day.  1/2 way thru   HOOOOOOOOOORAY!!!  And we do NOT feel deprived in any way.  Today, is the first day I felt ENERGY.  I was sick with a bronchial infection last week, but stayed on track.  My husband had to help his Mom prep her apartment for the painters, so he was gone all day packing and moving.  I packed him a compliant lunch and gave him a Larabar just in case, as he is a diabetic.  He did not need it.

And me, today, I tackled our guest room which for a long time has been a storage room.  I spent the whole day cleaning and organizing and it looks great and I feel great - a little tired.  But not exhausted.  I just said to my husband, when was the last time you saw me with so much energy.

We feel good.   I wonder what we will feel like on day 30????

Good luck and let's keep each other posted.

I feel the difference.  My skin is smoother and doesn't feel so dry; my face is thinner and my clothes are starting to feel a little loose.  I use my leather watch band as a barometer.  When I change the notch, I'll know.

Sorry, but creamer is off limits during your Whole30 and by including this daily you are compromising your results - you are less likely to get the much needed gut reste that the programme is all about... Many people opt to use coconut or almond milk as an alternative.

Archived