Diarrhea?

MrsMarks

Hey Ladies!

I am currently on day 5 and have been having diarrhea for the last two days.

And I am curious if this is normal for the Whole 30?

It's super uncomfortable - much like I get when I used have Dairy product (Dairy was not hard to give up.. I never used it)

Is it possible I could be sensitive to the eggs? 

I only ever ate eggs on rare occasion, mostly because they weren't my favorite nor were they very appetizing.. now I eat them frequently. 

Here is the last 4 days of meals if that would help:

Day 1:

3 eggs and Franks Hot Sauce

Tuna Lettuce Wraps with apples and peppers

Large dijon marinated grilled chicken breast with lots of grilled broccoli  

Day 2:

3 Eggs scrambled with a Handful of Kale and Peppers topped with a little Franks

Leftover Grilled chicken Salad

Rosemary Pork Roast with strawberries and potatoes

Day 3:

3 Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Peppers, and onions with Franks

Egg Salad lettuce wraps with 2 cuties

Large grilled chicken breast with broccoli (Parents cooked - All compliant)

Day 4 (yesterday):

2 Scrambled Eggs, Extra sausage (We were out of eggs at this point and needed more to fill us), Onions, and peppers with Franks.

2 grilled brats dipped in mustard with side of potatoe salad (Leftover egg salad with baked potatoes chopped and thrown in) and strawberries

Marinated Steak with grilled pineapple and a wopping pile of grilled peppers. 

I forgot to write down Post Workout Meals - Most of them are just the extra breakfast we made minus the franks. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi MrsMarks,

You meals look decent enough, however I think you could add some fat to your meals - there is nothing listed. 

You meals also look very light on veggies - for instance are you using an entire head of lettuce for your lettuce wraps?  You should aim for 1 - 3 cups of veggies with all your meals.

Also I am seeing some foods here repetitively that might be giving you issues - especially if you are eating higher volumes of them than previously.  I have highlighted them below:

Here is the last 4 days of meals if that would help:

Day 1:

3 eggs and Franks Hot Sauce

Tuna Lettuce Wraps with apples and peppers

Large dijon marinated grilled chicken breast with lots of grilled broccoli

Day 2:

3 Eggs scrambled with a Handful of Kale and Peppers topped with a little Franks

Leftover Grilled chicken Salad

Rosemary Pork Roast with strawberries and potatoes

Day 3:

3 Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Peppers, and onions with Franks

Egg Salad lettuce wraps with 2 cuties

Large grilled chicken breast with broccoli (Parents cooked - All compliant)

Day 4 (yesterday):

2 Scrambled Eggs, Extra sausage (We were out of eggs at this point and needed more to fill us), Onions, and peppers with Franks.

2 grilled brats dipped in mustard with side of potatoe salad (Leftover egg salad with baked potatoes chopped and thrown in) and strawberries

Marinated Steak with grilled pineapple and a wopping pile of grilled peppers. 

I forgot to write down Post Workout Meals - Most of them are just the extra breakfast we made minus the franks. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi MrsMarks,

You meals look decent enough, however I think you could add some fat to your meals - there is nothing listed. 

You meals also look very light on veggies - for instance are you using an entire head of lettuce for your lettuce wraps?  You should aim for 1 - 3 cups of veggies with all your meals.

Also I am seeing some foods here repetitively that might be giving you issues - especially if you are eating higher volumes of them than previously.  I have highlighted them below:

I deffinatley have been having a hard time with veggies - but with some reading in the forums I have some ideas to get some more rolling. :)

I don't think the peppers, Onions, or Broccoli are what is causing the issue those are my go to veggies I have eating tons of for years, but more variety could be worth a shot! What's going to happen - I like them? hehe.

Edited to ask: What are some good fats that are easy to incorporate with any meal?

Thanks for the help!

You can also try going a week or so without eggs and see how you do.   :)

I think I might just to see what happens!

Any ideas for breakfast? I have a hard time eating anything in the morning, so the lightness of eggs was nice on the tummy, well, at least to start off the day. 

Edited to ask: What are some good fats that are easy to incorporate with any meal?

Homemade mayo, avocado/guacamole, olives, coconut flakes and (on a limited basis) nuts and seeds. 

Any ideas for breakfast? I have a hard time eating anything in the morning, so the lightness of eggs was nice on the tummy, well, at least to start off the day. 

Start thinking about breakfast as "meal 1" and that opens up a whole host of possibilities. Anything you eat at your other two meals of the day you can have at the first part of the day.  Here is a thread with some creative options. 

Archived