Any compliant commercial mayos out there?

mariah_papaya

I hate making my own. It never works and is always a revolting, runny mess! Plus once I've seen the raw egg go into it, I'm super grossed out and gag a little with every bite of whatever I put it on. #MayoFail

Are there any commercially-available mayos that comply with the rules? I don't even care how much it costs. I Need Mayo. 

Oh yeah, and I'm in Canada. 

Both of these sites ship to Canada but Primal Kitchen charges $26 for 1 jar of mayo, $40 for 3 (and don't forget exchange rate!) Tessemae is out of stock. For that price I would consider making it! BTW, Whole Foods in Canada carry some of the salad dressings but not the mayo.

• Moderators

If the issue with raw eggs is the fear of illness, you might consider pasteurizing your eggs. Google it and read about it, I've never done it so couldn't tell you how, but I know it's something some people do. (I personally don't feel like I can really legitimately fear the raw egg, since I've spent most of my life consuming raw cookie dough without a second thought -- it just seems hypocritical for me to be all like, icky raw eggs, just because they no longer have sugar and chocolate chips with them. :)  But that's just me, and I know some people truly worry about this and won't eat the cookie dough either. And I also know that I'm lucky to have a strong immune system, putting me less at risk to get really seriously ill from it, and that some people don't have that luxury.)

If you really can't get past that, there are also egg-free AIP compliant "mayo" options out there -- I have no idea what they taste liked, but I know there are options out there. You might google Whole30 AIP mayo or egg-free mayo and look at some of those recipes. 

If you decide to try making the regular, egg-containing mayo again, I really recommend this method -- it does require an immersion or stick blender, but it's super easy, no letting stuff come to room temperature, no slow drizzle of oil, just dump everything in a jar and blend, and voila, within seconds, creamy mayo.

Archived