Getting Jealous?

Emilee89

Does anyone else have a friend that's also doing a Whole30? I do - and I'm finding it really hard.

To me a Whole30 is eating protein, veges and healthy fats and occasionally having fruit. It's eating three meals a day with no snacking.

To them, its eating 3 meals a day. With snacks between each meal as well as after dinner. Breakfasts don't include veges or protein neither do snacks, lots of paleo sweets and smoothies are fine.

So I've just slipped up (had paleo sweets) and have decided to start back at Day One again. But they're still going ahead and so many people are saying how great they're doing and how fantastic they're looking. So now a group of friends have been inspired to start but they're following my friends plan. Not what I call a Whole30. I'm happy that they're being healthy and changing their habits but its really frustrating when we're supporting each other and they're eating foods which I'm craving yet its making me feel like I'm the one that's doing it wrong and being to strict and making it too hard on myself.

Now that I'm starting my 30 days from the beginning should I remove myself from the support group we had going and focus on my own Whole30 to help me stay on track this time?

Unfortunately there are a bunch of 'support groups' out there that are not affiliated with this website, and as such they make their own rules (Yes, I'm looking at you Facebook!!).

If I were you I'd quietly remove myself from the group and come and get all the support that you need right here - straight from the source.

Well done on re-committing - keep posting, we got your back  :)

• Administrators

Does anyone else have a friend that's also doing a Whole30? I do - and I'm finding it really hard.

To me a Whole30 is eating protein, veges and healthy fats and occasionally having fruit. It's eating three meals a day with no snacking.

To them, its eating 3 meals a day. With snacks between each meal as well as after dinner. Breakfasts don't include veges or protein neither do snacks, lots of paleo sweets and smoothies are fine.

So I've just slipped up (had paleo sweets) and have decided to start back at Day One again. But they're still going ahead and so many people are saying how great they're doing and how fantastic they're looking. So now a group of friends have been inspired to start but they're following my friends plan. Not what I call a Whole30. I'm happy that they're being healthy and changing their habits but its really frustrating when we're supporting each other and they're eating foods which I'm craving yet its making me feel like I'm the one that's doing it wrong and being to strict and making it too hard on myself.

Now that I'm starting my 30 days from the beginning should I remove myself from the support group we had going and focus on my own Whole30 to help me stay on track this time?

I think if this is bothering you (it would bother the **** out of me too!), you should definitely remove yourself from the group. And if they ask why you can say something like "You know what? The Whole30 is hard and it's extra time and energy and mental awareness so if I'm going to do this I'm going to follow not only the rules but the recommendations for getting the best possible results."

That would drive me crazy, Emilee89! The Whole30 is hard enough without people flaunting their paleo smoothies in your face. :)  

I think you should remove yourself from the group and start a thread here. You'll get lots of support from people who are really trying to walk the talk, plus you can get advice from the moderators.

Archived