dunie

Has anyone used a pressure cooker to prep meals?  I am thinking about picking up the Electric Power Pressure Cooker from Bed Bath and Beyond tonight.  I am only on day 2 and can see this as being beneficial.  The idea of having fully cooked chicken or roast in less than 30 minutes is VERY appealing.

Thoughts?  Ideas?  Recipes?

• Whole30 Certified Coach

You must buy an Instant Pot (well, not really, but it would be nice :) ).  I've got lots of kitchen gadgets but I love my IP.  Then you can make these (or W30 variations on them).  The Korean Beef is a 1-2 times a week dish in my house.  

Moderator Tom Denham has a bunch of Whole30-compliant recipes on his website, including those made with a pressure cooker.

Here is his recipe index: you can search for 'pressure cooker' on it to see all the options. 

Thank you SOOO much, these recipes look amazing!  Can't wait to try them  :)

I use my Instant Pot so much, I'm tempted to buy a second one. In addition to Tom Denham's website, check out NomNomPaleo. She has several recipes that are (or have been modified) for the Pressure Cooker.

Every week I "steam-bake" several potatoes (for husband) and sweet potatoes (for me). At meal time, it's quick to "finish" them as baked, fried, etc.

Meat like pulled pork or pot roast comes out fork-tender after 30 minutes, as opposed to several hours in a slow cooker.

Boiled eggs, kale, bone broth, applesauce are also regulars in my PC.

I get a lot more done during my weekly cook-up now. A big plus IMO: food tastes better when cooked in a PC than in a slow cooker--much more flavor.

I use my Instant Pot so much, I'm tempted to buy a second one. In addition to Tom Denham's website, check out NomNomPaleo. She has several recipes that are (or have been modified) for the Pressure Cooker.

Every week I "steam-bake" several potatoes (for husband) and sweet potatoes (for me). At meal time, it's quick to "finish" them as baked, fried, etc.

Meat like pulled pork or pot roast comes out fork-tender after 30 minutes, as opposed to several hours in a slow cooker.

Boiled eggs, kale, bone broth, applesauce are also regulars in my PC.

I get a lot more done during my weekly cook-up now. A big plus IMO: food tastes better when cooked in a PC than in a slow cooker--much more flavor.

That sounds GREAT!  I was hoping to make a pot roast tonight - do you have a favorite recipe or ingredients?  I was thinking it would take at least and hour to 1 1/2 hours to get fork tender.....I love that it is 30 minutes!!!!

dunie,

Sorry I'm slow to reply...

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/115686948218/pressure-cooker-mocha-rubbed-pot-roast

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/111934821818/pressure-cooker-kalua-pig

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/76137606724/pressure-cooker-mexican-beef

These are our favorites at our house. I make at least one of them every week. Cooking time under pressure is 30 minutes. It takes 10 or more minutes to achieve high pressure, depending on volume, temperature, etc.

You'll love your "fast cooker" !

Archived