Starting September 7

giss7diaz

How did everyone do on Day 2?

It was a little hard for me but i made it! In the morning i was happy because i was able to get up early without snoozing my alarm 20 times! But then on my way to work i was very sleepy. I got very hungry at work at around 4 so i have to either pack more for lunch or have some emergency items. A coworker brought banana bread and it was sooooo tempting, everyone was eating it so i just took some advice i read here before and got up, got water and walked a little. 

I hope everyone is doing great!

Did you have fruit or strachy veg at meal one?

Both can cause a spike in blood sugar when eaten first thing in the morning having fasted overnight - then there's always a crash which is your body looking for more sugar.... Maybe keep fruit or starchy veg for later in the day going forward, and be sure to drink enough water (half an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily), and don;t forget to salt your food.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just joined the forum, but I started on Sept 7 too.  My goal is to improve my cholesterol levels.  I have blood work scheduled for October 6 so I am hoping to see a decrease in my levels.  I don't need to be on meds, my doctor wants me to work on improving my diet to see if that will help.  I hope it works!

I swear I am going through so many phases at once: detox/headaches, kill all the things, eat all the things, but even a touch of the ‘good feelings’ here and there. 

Mornings are the hardest for me - even before this program I was usually ‘hangry’ (hungry & therefore angry) in the mornings but now combine that with me not getting my sugar/bread fix and I’m not only hangry but also pissed I even chose to do this while simultaneously cussing the program and rules (and usually my boyfriend too, poor guy). 

Good news is I feel like a smarter part of me deep down knows it is for the best and after breakfast I feel much better (and friendlier) and ready to stay on track. (Basically this is me every day: http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1319222091715_5125435.png

I was also proud last night, had a meeting to go to where there was a potluck with Zaxby’s (similar to Chick-fil-A) but since I ate some chicken and roasted potatoes at home before I went to the meeting I was easily able to walk by the table without a glance. 

(Although my sugar cravings followed me to my dreams where I legit dreamt about eating ice cream out of a trough).

Glad to have you all here!  :)

YES! I am feeling everything at once too! Woke up this morning on my own (1 min before my alarm went off) feeling fabulous! Ran for 25 minutes and did abs today. Felt pretty good overall. Went to work and by the time I got to work my mood had completely went the other way. I felt tired (even though I got a full 8 hours of sleep) and extremely moody. Warned my husband yesterday that I might be moody, then today was extremely short with him. 

Ate half a burger in the morning with raw green beans (First time I've ever remotely enjoyed the taste of green beans). Also, learning to enjoy the taste of meat by itself and not just ketchup and mustard. No headaches for me yet today!! Yesterday was awful, so maybe I took the brunt yesterday. 

Overall, feeling good today. Went to bed last night feeling really good about things. 

Can't wait to hear about how everyone else's day 3 is going. Keep up the good work! You know it's for the best  :)

PS caititp - that meme is so me!

I just made the mayo for the first time after being on the program for 90 days and it was so easy. I kept thinking I would screw it up somehow but it turned out delicious. I will now try the tomato sauce  since I grow my own tomatoes. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Hello! This looks like an active group! I am starting tomorrow on my third W30 -- actually, this one will be a Whole 40 -- and hoping I can join you.

I did my first one in May and had amazing success, then followed up with another in July that was equally great. I planned that one to finish before a vacation where I intended to allow myself whatever I wanted. Well, vacation's over, and I've put back on a bit of the weight I had lost. So, I'm back on plan as of dinner tonight. 

I am planning to have this round end at the 1-year anniversary of when I began my weight loss. I'm down 50 lbs, a lot of that had to do with the Whole 30, and I'd like to finish out this year as healthy as possible. So I'll be carrying on with this W30 through mid-October. 

Good luck to everyone! 

I am not having a great first week (I started on Sunday, today is my Day 4).  Normally I'm very good about eating three meals, it's really not a problem for me.  But this week has been just made of FAIL.  Only 2 meals on 3 days straight....that is so unlike me.  And today I only had a salad for M2...which led to overdosing on meat at M3.   Well, I guess weirdly spaced compliant meals are still better than quitting.  I'm set up for a better schedule tomorrow, I hope to get back on track. 

Day 3 was ok. I woke up early again! Im liking this. I got a headache this afternoon, but i guess thats to be expected (based on the daily email). 

I had a weird dream about food last night. Cant believe im dreaming about food already. It was that i ate a ritz cracker by mistake and then started crying when i realized that i messed up the whole30. Im glad it was just a dream!

3 days on the books!! 

Yes, beautiful monster, poorly spaced BUT STILL COMPliant meals are something to feel good about. In the long haul I think we are working toward honing habits of a solid 3 every day...of a consistent pattern of self care....so that the W30 becomes a program of habit transformation and brain training so we are able to carry on with pleasure and good health.

So, as Meadow Lily says: just pressed reset button every day and do your best. You are no quitter and have what it takes.

I am not having a great first week (I started on Sunday, today is my Day 4).  Normally I'm very good about eating three meals, it's really not a problem for me.  But this week has been just made of FAIL.  Only 2 meals on 3 days straight....that is so unlike me.  And today I only had a salad for M2...which led to overdosing on meat at M3.   Well, I guess weirdly spaced compliant meals are still better than quitting.  I'm set up for a better schedule tomorrow, I hope to get back on track.

I was also proud last night, had a meeting to go to where there was a potluck with Zaxby’s (similar to Chick-fil-A) but since I ate some chicken and roasted potatoes at home before I went to the meeting I was easily able to walk by the table without a glance.

(Although my sugar cravings followed me to my dreams where I legit dreamt about eating ice cream out of a trough).

You go girl! I've never had that extend of a dream but it sounds tasty! My dreams are usually a cheat that is so stupid that I go why? WHY?!

I had a weird dream about food last night. Cant believe im dreaming about food already. It was that i ate a ritz cracker by mistake and then started crying when i realized that i messed up the whole30. Im glad it was just a dream!

I've had this dream before too! Except it was an even less worthy cracker. A wheat saltine. Ritz is a way better choice if you're gonna fail in a dream ;)

I had another food dream!! This one was a feast, there was a loooot of non compliant food and I ate from all of it and then realized in my dream that i had ruined the whole30 and felt so bad! When i woke up and realized it was just a dream and was so happy! I dont remember dreaming this much about non compliant food during my first whole30. 

Good luck on day 4 everyone (or whichever day you are on)!!  :)

Day 3 is in the bag & i found a GREAT flavor-combo yesterday (I love experimenting with new spices & such!)     green bosc pear + walnuts + coconut milk + cardamon = yumminess!!   (it isn't a meal!!!   I had it with a spinach salad that had tuna on it)     

however... tonight we are hosting a potluck... any suggestions of how to avoid eating things that aren't on Whole30?  I'll have plenty of good, healthy foods, but I'm sure there will be temptation...

however... tonight we are hosting a potluck... any suggestions of how to avoid eating things that aren't on Whole30? I'll have plenty of good, healthy foods, but I'm sure there will be temptation...

I'd fill my plate first with the goods that you know are safe. Then try to not visit the space again. If you have had the sick feeling after you've eaten something horrible, you won't want to go back for it. Even looking at it would remind you of that awful time.

You could also look at it at a challenge. How are you going to overcome it? It's totally doable.

You got this!

I had another food dream!! This one was a feast, there was a loooot of non compliant food and I ate from all of it and then realized in my dream that i had ruined the whole30 and felt so bad! When i woke up and realized it was just a dream and was so happy! I dont remember dreaming this much about non compliant food during my first whole30.

Good luck on day 4 everyone (or whichever day you are on)!! :)

I think I had three food dreams last round and they happened much later in my time.

Since they're happening earlier, I'm taking it as a sign healing is happening faster this round. ;)

however... tonight we are hosting a potluck... any suggestions of how to avoid eating things that aren't on Whole30?  I'll have plenty of good, healthy foods, but I'm sure there will be temptation...

I attended a potluck the other day and I actually ate a meal beforehand. I made sure it was a meal I really really liked so I could go in with the mindset of just having eaten something yummy (aka this was not the time to try a new recipe - I stuck with a tried and true chicken & roasted potatoes with salad). 

By the time I got to the potluck I was full so the idea of eating anything was not appealing to me. (Also luckily the table with the food was in another room from our meeting so I literally did not even enter the room and give my brain a chance to try and trick me.) 

I was surprised though, even seeing other people eating the food was not tempting (and I hate to say it but I was actually kind of grossed out by some of the stuff they were eating... which were foods I was eating just last week!  :huh: )

Day 3 is in the bag & i found a GREAT flavor-combo yesterday (I love experimenting with new spices & such!)     green bosc pear + walnuts + coconut milk + cardamon = yumminess!!   (it isn't a meal!!!   I had it with a spinach salad that had tuna on it)     

J:  did you cook the pear?

I have a question for those of you who are repeats and diabetic / pre-diabetic.  I take my blood sugar levels in the morning and today, after 3 full days on the program, my blood sugar level spiked to 187 upon waking up.  I don't think I've ever had anything even close to that high (I'm not on insulin).  I'm eating very little fruit and plenty of meats, veggies, and fats.  Has anyone else had this happen?  I have my annual checkup in 3 weeks so I'll discuss with the doctor at that time unless it continues to be elevated.  Just curious if anyone has had the same issue or knows why that could happen.  Thanks in advance! 

Well today is day 4 and it's been a little odd. The day was fine overall, but just an off day. I started out the morning with my workout which seemed sluggish. I didn't run as far as normal or as long. I did arms today and I didn't feel like I could push through as much. So I shrugged it off. Had a great conversation with my husband on the phone today (he's in Germany and I'm in the US). And went to happy hour with co-workers after work. No, I didn't eat bad or drink. Thought about it pretty heavily, but didn't do it. Ordered a burger (just the burger) and a salad with vinegar. On the way home from happy hour, I felt a little off balance/dizzy. I actually felt like I might pass out in the car when I was stopped at a light at an intersection. So I made it home, and went to my room to change and my balance was so off that I ran into the doorway passage as I was walking. As I write this, I still feel dizzy. I haven't seen dizziness outlined anywhere. Does anyone know if this is normal or what could cause it?

Breakfast: Carrots

Lunch: Lettuce, celery, cucumber, topped with chicken and hot sauce. Grapes and about 7-10 almonds. 

Dinner: Burger and salad. Got home, ate some grapes

Have drank plenty of water throughout the day 

Well today is day 4 and it's been a little odd. The day was fine overall, but just an off day. I started out the morning with my workout which seemed sluggish. I didn't run as far as normal or as long. I did arms today and I didn't feel like I could push through as much. So I shrugged it off. Had a great conversation with my husband on the phone today (he's in Germany and I'm in the US). And went to happy hour with co-workers after work. No, I didn't eat bad or drink. Thought about it pretty heavily, but didn't do it. Ordered a burger (just the burger) and a salad with vinegar. On the way home from happy hour, I felt a little off balance/dizzy. I actually felt like I might pass out in the car when I was stopped at a light at an intersection. So I made it home, and went to my room to change and my balance was so off that I ran into the doorway passage as I was walking. As I write this, I still feel dizzy. I haven't seen dizziness outlined anywhere. Does anyone know if this is normal or what could cause it?

Lunch: Lettuce, celery, cucumber, topped with chicken and hot sauce. Grapes and about 7-10 almonds. 

Good job at the happy hour! Im not sure what could have happened, i've never had that happen before. 

The only advice i have is to make sure you are having the recommended 3 meals per day. Seems like your breakfast wasnt a full meal. So maybe you are not eating enough. Specially if you are exercising in the morning you need to make sure you are eating breakfast. I hope tomorrow is better!

Agree with giss7Diaz... you aren't eating enough, especially in the morning which is really important, especially since you workout.

but nothing at Happy Hour? that is AWESOME!!

Day 4 done!! Today i again woke up early. I can get used to this! I was so busy at work that i didnt even have time to think about foods i couldnt eat or anything. I've been eating the same thing for lunch and dinner and im surprised i am not bored of it yet. But lookng forward to not eating left overs tomorrow. I started to get mild headaches this afternoon. Nothing unbearable, and from what i've read its normal at this stage. 

I hope everyone had a great day 4!

Archived