Starting September 7

giss7diaz

Gizz7 and Iron Girl, you are inspiring....G7, remember your body is doing a total detox, so all sorts of surprises can come. Don't know about you and allergies, but this time of year is very likely to introduce headaches for me, although I do much better when I am really W30 compliant. YOU CAN DO THIS....I'm following right behind.

BTW everyone, in honor of my RESTART tomorrow, September 18, I have a BIG POT of bone broth in the slow cooker....YAY.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 13!!

Today i mistakenly ate something non compliant and when i realized it I got so mad  :(

I bought some coconut chips and i swear when i bought them i thought they were compliant. Today i had about 4-5 chips (they are tiny) and for some reason decided to look at the package because they were delicious so i was about to eat the whole thing. Then i realized that it had coconut nectar (sugar)- thats why it was so delicious. It was devastating. I know im supposed to re-assess if this would require me to re-start but I've decided Im just going to continue. This journey for me is to form a better relationship with food, eat clean whole foods, eat more vegetables (which i rarely did) and i think im achieving it. Im already seeing great results (non scale victories!!). 

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I've done an old favourite of mine as part of my food prep this week which is quick & easy (& very tasty) if you have a crock pot...

Peel & chop 4 good sized sweet potatoes into chunks & throw at the bottom of the crock pot. Chop up & seal about 6 chicken breasts (or 12 thighs) in the fat of your choice and put on top of the potatoes. Add salt & freshly ground pepper and your curry spices of choice (today I've gone with a simple tandoori mix & added some dried chilli flakes but you can add crushed garlic, chopped onions, grated ginger, mushrooms & any spices you like), add a 480g tin of chopped tomatoes & cook on low for about 7hrs - add a large bag of spinach to the crockpot about 15mins before serving & stir through. The sweet potatoes break down when cooked long & slow and make a nice sauce along with the tomatoes & spices which saves having to look for a compliant curry paste...

I also make this switching the chicken for beef, and/or switching the chopped tomatoes for coconut milk...

We're making pulled pork, which we can use in various ways, plus we'll freeze some for emergencies / days when we can't even.  I will also make Gyoza meatballs.  I want to make this porktastic meatloaf too, but I am missing some ingredients.  Hmmm.....looks like I'm on a pork kick.  I also made some pot roast and veggies, some chicken breasts (lots of uses!).  I still have a lot of varied options because I'm paranoid, so I have frozen chicken curry, pork sausage, bolognese sauce, paleo pad thai, chocolate chili and curried broccoli soup.  Any of that sound appealing?

YUM!!!! Hey, how do I save this puppy so I can remember it??

Jmcbn, you rock.

I've done an old favourite of mine as part of my food prep this week which is quick & easy (& very tasty) if you have a crock pot...

Peel & chop 4 good sized sweet potatoes into chunks & throw at the bottom of the crock pot. Chop up & seal about 6 chicken breasts (or 12 thighs) in the fat of your choice and put on top of the potatoes. Add salt & freshly ground pepper and your curry spices of choice (today I've gone with a simple tandoori mix & added some dried chilli flakes but you can add crushed garlic, chopped onions, grated ginger, mushrooms & any spices you like), add a 480g tin of chopped tomatoes & cook on low for about 7hrs - add a large bag of spinach to the crockpot about 15mins before serving & stir through. The sweet potatoes break down when cooked long & slow and make a nice sauce along with the tomatoes & spices which saves having to look for a compliant curry paste...

I also make this switching the chicken for beef, and/or switching the chopped tomatoes for coconut milk...

Hey, Beautiful M..you are armed up, woman! Locked and loaded! Want to make some deliveries to Virginia??

We're making pulled pork, which we can use in various ways, plus we'll freeze some for emergencies / days when we can't even.  I will also make Gyoza meatballs.  I want to make this porktastic meatloaf too, but I am missing some ingredients.  Hmmm.....looks like I'm on a pork kick.  I also made some pot roast and veggies, some chicken breasts (lots of uses!).  I still have a lot of varied options because I'm paranoid, so I have frozen chicken curry, pork sausage, bolognese sauce, paleo pad thai, chocolate chili and curried broccoli soup.  Any of that sound appealing?

First time out to eat today since starting W30.  A surprise visit from my Dad (who lives about 80 miles from us) and he wanted to go out to eat.  Thank goodness we have a Jason's Deli ... grilled salmon sandwich - hold the bread and put the lettuce, avocado and tomato on the side - plus fresh fruit.  Whew ... that was close!  Good luck to everyone this week. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time, IronGirlTrixie.   Emotional cravings aren't easy.  I drink water or tea, shower, take walks, re-direct to a mini meal that follows the template (use yams!  Sweet potato will save you!)  But it's not easy.  I wish I had better advice.  I have been having similar feelings.  Despite the fact hat I am seeing results, I sometimes have doubts, wonder what the point is.  Today my boss brought in a homemade apple cake for a meeting......I stared at it HARD.  And I had so many excuses. Did I mention it was homemade?  And I wonder why I'm putting myself through this.  I try to remember that it's not about a slice of apple cake.  There's nothing wrong with a slice of cake.  It's about how eating that slice of apple cake today will trigger more and more cravings all day log and into the night.    I hope you made it through the night OK.

Great restraint IronGir,Trixie and Beautiful Monster....OY, those precious temptations. As the weather cools I lean more and more toward coffee drinks with CREAM, so I will be ramping up the coconut milk, or adding macadamia nut oil to my tea instead. Coffee is a gateway for me to other things. I know t,hat and must resist.

You are right, it isn't about that piece of apple cake, it's about building the internal clarity and the muscle to opt for GOOD food that we are about. Muscles take time to train...and so does our sense of well being.

I like what Meadow Lily says about the craving times: Protein and Fat STAT!!!!

We are all hanging in there, some by a thread, others by a string, others by a big frickin rope...but all of us benefit from this forum and the no BS talk about what we are doing and WHY.

Everybody OK?

I didn't succumb to the urge. I had another emotional day and decided that maybe working today would be a bad idea. I ran a few errands stayed on plan. I dunno how the rest of the week is gonna go but I'm trying to hang in there.

If I had gone offroading, I'd still be eating that pint of ice cream, the box of cookies and whatever else I could get my hands on. Thank you for clearly stating exactly where I'd be. Cause I know it's true.

Well, I am to that point in the process where I start expecting miracles - I know it didn't take two weeks to put on this excess weight but now I expect it to fall off in two weeks.  But it's also the point where I become less focused on the food that I am eating - which could be a good thing or a bad thing.  So I am trying to take advantage of that and keep piling in the healthy food and not the bad stuff.  It's still taking a fair amount of time to plan, buy, prepare healthy food - I'm hoping I can shave some time off that but still continue to eat on plan.  This way of eating is not too different from what I like to eat - fruits and vegetables -  through doing this plan I've come to realize that my weakest portion of my diet (excluding the sugary treats) is that I don't get enough protein in my meals.  If I can continue to keep up the protein portion, this way of eating is something I can see as my new way of eating.  I was always a snacker at work - mid morning and mid afternoon.  It has been helpful to eliminate snacks - a definite change to my eating pattern - hope I can continue it.

Yesterday was tough! It was my boss' birthday and i bought him a cake. After lunch the whole team was eating the cake (in the same room we work) and it was so hard to say no. I even felt bad because he said: i know you are trying to be healthy but its just a little bit of cake, maybe you can make an exception. It was also hard that i was the one that bought it and couldnt even eat it. Sweets are definitely my weakness. 

I am feeling better and starting to see results. Yesterday i wore some pants that were kind of tight two weeks ago and now they were pretty lose. Non scale victories!! 

I hope everyone has a great day 17!

Has anyone tried the Rx bars? I ordered them and got them last week and they are amazing!! The best bars I've ever tried and they are compliant!

I only eat them as emergency food or if i get hungry and im not eating until later. You have to be careful to not use them to tame the sugar dragon because that could easily happen. But I definitely recommend them! 

>> It was also hard that i was the one that bought it and couldnt even eat it. Sweets are definitely my weakness. <<

Good for you!  I can empathize with you for sure!

I had an all day meeting today and cookies, from a most wonderful bakery, were brought in.  I gritted my teeth and mumbled a "no thank you."  Everyone knows I'm married to Santa Claus and, of course, everyone knows how much Santa loves cookies, right?  So, their next step was to try and convince me to take the remaining cookies home to him hoping that would keep them on the "nice" list.  I managed to convince them he's having to eat really healthy food right now to prepare for that long night of milk and cookies just 3 months away!   ;)

AUGH, Merg, DATES.  Dates are evil sugar bombs of delicious!  Not keeping any dates in the house currently.  I also love figs, but I have tried to use most of them *in* food and not just pop them in mouth randomly.  They work really well in salads.  I have had to stare down some cheese too.  I'm a terrible cheese fiend. 

But I still feel pretty good about going on.  I still haven't decided whether to go straight to Whole60 or to do a weekend off, but I don't think I will be ready to move on at 30 days.  I need a little more time for my body to adjust, I think.

Good job, everyone!  I'm off to make deviled eggs.....

I'm making my niece's birthday cake. All homemade. You never realize how many times you lick your finger or want a taste of that spoon. Had to stop myself several times!

I totally agree! I was taking a cake decorating course while on Whole30 and it is amazing how your fingers automatically go in your mouth!

I held off too but became really aware! :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  

Archived