Marty Bower

Hi, this is my first day for this healthy program. I am looking forward to getting into the swing of this but seem to be having problems already. Ok only a snag or two. First of all I want to get into this program and do some of the reading as we go along. There's a lot of reading and that is not my strong suite. I get bored and tired easy from reading. Anyway I decided to start today the 21st, I need to get my shopping list and plan some easy meals to start but where do I start. Any helpful suggestions? I also had problem this morning logging on seems it did not remember my PW. So I did the I forgot PW and assigned a new one and now changed it to one of my choice. Hope this works. Ok back to making my list so I can hit the grocery store.

thanks, Marty

• Moderators

Keep it super-simple:

1. Buy things that don't have labels -- meat, poultry, fish, veggies (frozen works great, buy some baby carrots for grab and go), olive oil, coconut oil

2. If you do buy something with a label READ IT first. Compare against the "Can I Have" List to be sure the ingredients listed are ok.

You can do this!

Marty, for the Whole 30, it's best if you don't read as you go along.  Many have tried that option only to kick themselves in the hiney when they've eaten non-compliant foods along the way. They never want to start over.  If you want the best results on Day 31, you'll stay compliant for 30 days.

So read first and you'll be glad you did.   The rules, recommendations are a must before you start. 

Archived