Too much avocado?

AuntB

kudos to you for focusing on the health aspect of the whole 30...which is the sole purpose of it.

I wouldn't say an 1 avocado a day is too much. Especially if you are an endurance runner...I see you have 3 half-marathons coming up (that's awesome!)

There are a lot of foods that are considered off limits during the whole 30, and depending on how much those foods consisted of your daily food intake, will determine how many calories you need to make up for with approved foods. I wouldn't force feed yourself the avocado...but if you are hungry and lacking energy, eat it.

I personally love avocado. It would not be weird for me to eat a whole one. However, I would probably split it up between lunch and dinner. But that's just me.

I don't eat one every day but I do eat a whole one when i do. For me it would be more of a concern to eat a ton of sliced avocado and guacamole if I also drenched everything else I ate in coconut oil or ghee. I don't like to add a ton of fat to my cooked foods, so my daily fats generally come from coconut milk, avocado, nuts, etc.

I usually have 1/2 an avo with breakfast and a wholly guacamole 100 cal pack (I think it's ~1/2 avo's worth) with lunch as a dressing on my salad. With breakfast I have either steamed or sauteed veggies (both with coconut oil) and eggs cooked in some coconut oil (just enough so the eggs don't stick). I probably use a total of 1-1.5 T on my veggies for breakfast (same for dinner, but no avo with it), split between my boyfriend and myself. Lunch is usually with chicken so not much other fats in there. I think it balances out depending on how fatty the meats are. I really try not to think about it too much, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived