Starting again- looking for a buddy- any takers?

Lessser

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Bueller?  Bueller?

Day 7(ish)!  Anyone around?  Good day for me yesterday - more fat in the AM and I was much less munchy, hungry later in the day.  I'm eating 16oz bags of veggies in one sitting (with added fat of course), but whatevs, hopefully its what I need :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day6- yes I'm around but its been a busy day in the office.  Last night went out to dinner- Greek restaurant had the greek salad without the feta cheese-  with gyro meat.  which is a combo of lamb and beef.  Feel good but just not very hungry. 

Day6- yes I'm around but its been a busy day in the office.  Last night went out to dinner- Greek restaurant had the greek salad without the feta cheese-  with gyro meat.  which is a combo of lamb and beef.  

Did you ask whether the gyro meat was gluten-free? Gyro meat at restaurants can contain gluten.

ok, I have to confess that i blew it last night. At around 3pm 6 shots were fired in our office parking lot and I saw the 2 gun men running away. The grounds were overflowed with cops, ambulances and firetrucks for the new several hours. It really affected me and I came home and ate anything I could. I ate a Poptart! I don't even like that crap. Anyway I'm back to Day1 very sad I let my emotions get the better of me. I'm not going into work today- having a mental health day and get back to normal.

ok, I have to confess that i blew it last night. At around 3pm 6 shots were fired in our office parking lot and I saw the 2 gun men running away. The grounds were overflowed with cops, ambulances and firetrucks for the new several hours. It really affected me and I came home and ate anything I could. I ate a Poptart! I don't even like that crap. Anyway I'm back to Day1 very sad I let my emotions get the better of me. I'm not going into work today- having a mental health day and get back to normal.

Holy cow - are you ok?  I empathize how enduring an event like that could impact anyone.

Give yourself LOTS of self-care today.

Holy cow - are you ok?  I empathize how enduring an event like that could impact anyone.

Give yourself LOTS of self-care today.

Holy sweet peaches! ^What Chris said...!! Don't be hard on yourself - I think you've made great progress to date so take time today to get your head in the right place & celebrate the fact that you're still here (in all senses of the word!)....

I'm fine physically. But mentally no. One of my work friends and I have a scheduled walk around the block at 10am and 3pm every day. This shooting happened at 2:50pm we were 10 minutes from being in the middle of this shooting. So today I'm regrouping and staying close to home. I mentioned awhile ago that I was making some major changes in my life. One of them is moving away from WPB, FL and buying land in Virginia. It will be so different not waking up everyday and commuting an hour to work. I'm looking forward to a much slower lifestyle without the guns and violence of larger cities.

M1 - egg, bacon and sliced avacado

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Lessser - that is so horrible.  Ugh, how unsettling.  

Turning to food to calm you down is totally normal (and one that I think everyone struggles with) but also interesting to look back on once you have had some time to think about... rationally why on Earth would a PopTart make you better :)?  I'm still nowhere near being a person who doesn't self soothe with food (that is, in fact, my one "issue") but I also know enough to know it makes no sense (if you take a step back and look at it rationally).  If I were to say to you... "How awful that X happened, here have some artificial food coloring and preservatives and hydrogenated oils..." you'd think I was crazy, right?  But that is what so many of us do.  Saying "wow, I could have just been shot" and going home and hugging your husband, calling your kids, taking a bath with some fancy shmancy bath salt, going to church/temple... those things make sense.  But eating junk food, it just doesn't, but its so hard to see that in the moment because its such a habit to self soothe with that kind of food.  Something you can pontificate more sitting on your big ol' Virginia front porch :)  

PS - I don't want you to think I am capable of doing all of this... :)  This is totally "do as I say, not as I do".  

Anyway, glad to see you decided to keep going with giving your body good food and less pop tarts :)!  And as one internet stranger to another - I'm glad you are ok!

Archived