It's been a while.....

NY2LA2MONTREAL

Hi everyone and welcome all newcomers

Mr Studio City and I finished our Whole 30 in September and kept going - not doing a formal reintroduced

Went o Delaware for my nieces wedding - strayed a bit - but it was my intention to enjoy myself

At the cocktail hour I enjoyed 2 Coconut Crush cocktails and fruit For dinner they served Steak and veggies and then I indulged in a piece of cake

The next day my sister in law hosted a breakfast which consisted of pastries, juice, cereal, etc

Then we stayed with my brother and sister in law. They were so accommodating. They purchased loads of veggies, avocados, sweet potatoes and eggs. I made compliant breakfasts each morning we were there. We ate out at a great salad place and kept pretty compliant

Then we left for the 11 hour drive back to Montreal - stopping off at a diner for lunch consisting of 1/2 roasted chicken, salad bar and dessert -which was rice pudding

Then when we arrived home we left our indulgences behind us and are BACK ON TRACK!!!!!

Needless to say, our little off track adventure let us know very clearly how good we feel when compliant

What I learned from this is it was easy to get back on track - that the little sugar &gluten I cheated with did not make me want more

WE GOT THE PROGRAM

However, tomorrow I am having Major dental surgery and they want me eating COLD AND SOFT FOOD for a week. Having gone thru this before ice cream is the recommended food for comforting the affected area which is the top front teeth (2 extractions, 2 implants and bone graft) I am not allowed to chew for 3 weeks-- so for the first few days it is ice cream

I am making butternut squash soup, will puree tuna fish and mix with mayo and try to figure out what to do with veggies - will use Vita Mix to puree veggies

So after the first week I intend to maintain compliancy

Holy! This sounds nasty! I had such an unexpected (not nice) reaction to dairy that my mind is automatically going to ways to get around the ice cream. How about... bananas, strawberries, coconut cream - blend & freeze, breaking up at least once while it's freezing. It's obviously fruit heavy, but avoids the dairy & the other nasty additives from commercial ice cream. You can do the same thing with spinach, banana & coconut cream. Good luck!

Thanks for your concern.I am so anxious about this...I hear what you are talking about....but today I did a major day of cooking so my husband has food to eat next week and I am exhausted --- it is only for a few days.    I know it is the easy way out --- but my mind is all over the place right now.  I just want to get thru tomorrow.

I had implant surgery years ago (I have put many a dentist's children thru college - if you get my drift) and it is nasty.  But this is my front teeth.  I am going to be very swollen and black and blue.  I am going to be so ugly for a few days maybe 2 weeks.    The last time I had this I was black and blue from my forehead to my neck --- the dentist was in shock.  So you can see my anxiety.  Tonight I am making steak with zoodles and a sweet potato.

I have to tell you, we have been really good since we got back from our trip.  So this is only very temporary and will not be a habit.

Did I tell you I bought a years supply of Coconut Aminos and Red Boat Fish Sauce and had it shipped to my brother.   I bought it thru THRIVE MARKET (have you heard of them)  They are a great organization but don't ship to Canada.  I have been using these ingredients and love them.

Check them out...

https://thrivemarket.com/?v=1

Good luck with the surgery! I hope it goes well. You know, a lot of people would use this surgery as an excuse to go off the rails, so I am really impressed with your efforts to have soft and healthy food available for yourself.

I got curious and found a thread with some other ideas: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread41263.html

Baba ganoush (eggplant dip) might be an option, too.

Good luck with the surgery! I hope it goes well. You know, a lot of people would use this surgery as an excuse to go off the rails, so I am really impressed with your efforts to have soft and healthy food available for yourself.

I got curious and found a thread with some other ideas: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread41263.html

Baba ganoush (eggplant dip) might be an option, too.

Thank you so much for your post

I had Mt surgery at 10 AM and was given strict instructions to eat pureed food for 3 weeks (right now I am still numb from the novacaine & swollen. It is now 5:30 so as not to jeopardize the implants -- had the ice cream today but tomorrow I can have soup

I looked at your link and will refer to those recipes. I want to have compliant food going forward

I will keep you posted

Thanks again

Thanks for the tip on Thrive Market! I have a couple of US buddies that might be willing to act as the middle man, so I'll check it out.

I am thinking that if dairy isn't a problem for you, you deserve the ice cream! Did you know that  there is a company in New York that makes wine ice cream? Double trouble. :D

I am actually in Montreal for the next few days so I will be sending good vibes your way (and you might actually get them). :)

Best of everything.

Thanks for the tip on Thrive Market! I have a couple of US buddies that might be willing to act as the middle man, so I'll check it out.

I am thinking that if dairy isn't a problem for you, you deserve the ice cream! Did you know that  there is a company in New York that makes wine ice cream? Double trouble. :D

I am actually in Montreal for the next few days so I will be sending good vibes your way (and you might actually get them). :)

Best of everything.

Thanks a lot for your good wishes and concern.

Am doing pretty good. The dentist called to see how I am doing - I told him I was comfortable and taking my med

IT's those injections in the upper palate that are painful when they wear off but I am good

I had the ice cream all day and I AM SO DONE - Tmorrow I am WHOLE 30 compliant - I know I will feel better

THE ICE CREAM WAS NOT WORTH IT!!!

Thanks a lot for your good wishes and concern.

Am doing pretty good. The dentist called to see how I am doing - I told him I was comfortable and taking my med

IT's those injections in the upper palate that are painful when they wear off but I am good

I had the ice cream all day and I AM SO DONE - Tmorrow I am WHOLE 30 compliant - I know I will feel better

THE ICE CREAM WAS NOT WORTH IT!!!

Enjoy Montreal

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I bet you'll heal faster this time around.  Your body just *works* better now!

Do you fundamentally have something against ice cream?  Are you still very no SWYPO?  If not, then you can make your own ice cream if the cool food helps... there are tons of paleo coconut milk based recipes out there, i bet some don't have sugar - just added fruit or something.  

Also, I ate this soup a lot this summer.  Its a cold soup!  You'll have to tinker with the recipe a bit, its not W30 compliant as written.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I bet you'll heal faster this time around.  Your body just *works* better now!

Do you fundamentally have something against ice cream?  Are you still very no SWYPO?  If not, then you can make your own ice cream if the cool food helps... there are tons of paleo coconut milk based recipes out there, i bet some don't have sugar - just added fruit or something.  

Also, I ate this soup a lot this summer.  Its a cold soup!  You'll have to tinker with the recipe a bit, its not W30 compliant as written.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thank you for the link - the soup looks delish

Today I am doing much better although very swollen and bruised but that will go away soon.

I mashed 3 hardboiled eggs with 1/2 an avocado and a small sweet potato for breakfast

I plan on mashed tuna w/mayo and cooked broccoli for lunch

As for ice cream - funny thing - I used to be a sugar holocaust to the nth degree before WHOLE 30 - I ate the ice cream it was good but I got a visious headache afterwards and sweats - what I am happy about it didn't tempt the sugar dragon

Whole 30 really changed my attitude towards food - where another person would be so excited about having ice cream - I wasn't - I would rather have an apple

Eggs, avocado, sweet potato sounds like a pretty good breakfast. I'll have to try that soon.

Hope you are feeling better!

How was Montreal?

I am doing OK - I looked like I got hit by a truck - the swelling is gone but boy am I black and blue - I should look normal soon I hope LOL

I have been good since the ICE CREAM day and am feeling so much better. Today is prep day. Already made salmon cakes, damn fine chicken is marinating, now I am going to make chicken meatballs and then roast broccoli and Brussel sprouts

I love this program

Montreal was great, thanks. We went to the Ecomuseum, the Lachine Library, and the WIMGYM, and went on lots of walks. Mostly we stayed home & I played with the kids. Nothing quite like a 4-year-old's knock-knock jokes, or a one-year-old who never stops moving or smiling, to make your day filled with heart-happy moments.

Being black & blue must have its own set of challenges, besides the discomfort you are feeling. Do you get strange looks, targeted at your husband, when you are out in public? :D

Prep day today for me too. My daughter's household is gluten-free and dairy-free which you would think would have made it easy to stay on target, but no. Their food budget is very limited so there are lots of SWYPO foods, very little protein, small quantities of vegetables, no fat (except margarine :wacko:) and lots of fruit, so by the time I got back on the plane I was heading for a total crash-&-burn day. I accepted that, and the too-much-wine with supper that night, and by Saturday I was feeling quite ill & very tired. A busy day yesterday (a family baby shower + husband in charge of cooking) meant the ​day was okay, but not fully compliant. Close, but no cigar. 

Like you, I love this program, because yesterday I knew with 100% certainty why I was feeling like crap, accepted that the best thing I could do for myself was to keep hydrated & aim for a good night of sleep, and back to compliancy today. It's very liberating to know that, with patience, you can get back to feeling great in short order.

Hope you avoid the green-and-yellow stage that often follows the black-and-blue stage! ;)

Archived