what is wrong with me today?! I am torturing myself!

I don't know why but today I have been smelling all of my sons food! He had crackers for a snack and I smelled them before I gave them to him, smelled his cheese that he didn't finish before I threw it out and smelled his pizza for lunch! I feel crazy! I'm having mouth watering visions of taking a bite-but I don't : ) I'm on day 16

• Moderators

Hey, there's no rules against smelling non compliant food or having visions that you don't act on. Sounds like you're doing great! Keep going and perhaps make yourself some truly delicious smelling food that you can both sniff and fulfill the vision of having many bites!

Hmmmm - this sounds odd to me.  Almost like  you are purposely torturing yourself a bit.  Do you really feel that restricted?  You might not be eating enough and therefore have a developed an unhealthy fascination with the restriction of the whole 30.

Two things that may (or may not) help you.

1) Try focusing on the foods that you DO eat.  Don't focus on the foods you don't eat during this time. Try experimenting in the kitchen and making that is super appealing to you.

2) If you have a moment - list out your meals for the past couple of days - I am suspicious that you might not be eating enough and therefore might be causing some unusual side effects.  Also include water consumption, and activity levels.

Archived