Would you restart?

jckeane

I made the romesco sauce from the whole30 book tonight. It calls for 1.5 teaspoons of red wine vinegar. I prepared the recipe as instructed and then ate 1/3 of the sauce. I then read something online about vinegar and read the ingredient list on my red wine vinegar. It has potassium sulfate, which I now see is an off limit ingredient. I'm on day 5........would you start over?

I made the romesco sauce from the whole30 book tonight. It calls for 1.5 teaspoons of red wine vinegar. I prepared the recipe as instructed and then ate 1/3 of the sauce. I then read something online about vinegar and read the ingredient list on my red wine vinegar. It has potassium sulfate, which I now see is an off limit ingredient. I'm on day 5........would you start over?

Are we talking potassium sulphate? Or potassium metabisulfite? As far as I know they are two entirely different things, the latter most definitely being off limits & most definitely worthy of a re-start IMHO. The former used commonly as a fertlizer, but not on the additives cheat list & therefore probably slightly less of an issue...

Although someone please correct me if I'm wrong  :ph34r:

Archived