Chicken and pickles

healthyfit07

Is the roasted chicken at whole foods whole 30 compliant? It's plain and seasoned with nothing. Also pickles: I have the brand called ‘farmans dill pickles’ and ingredients are: cucumbers, water, salt, vinegar, alum, calcium chrloride, natural flavors, yellow 5. Just want to make sure these are ok. Thanks! :)

Thanks! I asked the ladies working in the kitchen and they said its plain, no seasonings at all, no sugar,salt or pepper either. There's another roasted chicken brand I got last week by Kroger Simple Truth which has water, salt and chicken and I'm just assuming whole foods is better quality hopefully, and they're the same price.

• Moderators

I do not believe for a minute that Whole Foods sells a roasted chicken that is not salted at the very least. An unseasoned chicken would taste terrible and that would lead to product returns. Maybe the ladies don't add seasoning, but it probably comes already brined. And brines often include sugar along with salt.

• Moderators

The Whole Foods Chickens in my area have labels with the ingredients listed. The Naked Bird has nothing but salt and pepper. The herb one is also compliant in my area stores. There are a couple of other "flavors" that are not compliant. The label may be on the bottom so be careful checking it!

Archived