I am le tired

ach324

I started my second whole30 just over a week after my first one-- I had skipped the reintro period because it was xmas and didn't want to miss out on once-a-year amazing family food. But I did want to quickly get back into the swing of things and do a proper reintro so I started another one on Jan 1st. The first round I felt amazing-- slimmer, more energy, falling asleep way faster and sleeping like a rock instead of my usual getting up 3 times in the night to pee. However, 11 days into my 2nd whole30, i am sleeping worse than ever-- as bad if not worse than how i was sleeping in my pre-whole30 days. I know every whole30 is different and often the 2nd one can be worse, but I figured that since I was doing it so close to the 1st one it would feel similarly-- almost like continuing my first one. It sucks because obviously I'm exhausted all day now, but it also makes me insatiably starving and I end up eating a lot more, so I feel I'm actually gaining weight.

Any tips or explanations? Anyone experience something similar? Thanks!

Hi ach324

It's surprising how long it can take for any non compliant ingredients to work their way out of our systems - it seems to be roughly a day for every day you've eaten off plan - that said have you considered that you might actually be coming down with something? There are a lot of nasty bugs on the go at present...

Other than that I'd question if you are eating enough fat. Fat provides us with a slow burning energy source so if we short change ourselves of it we can feel tired, we also need it for brain energy & for satiety.

What does your typical days food intake look like since you've started again?

For sleep are you taking a magnesium supplement? How are your stress levels since the holidays? It's not unusual to feel a bit 'flat' post holidays so that could be contributing to your overall mood/energy levels too...

Hehe thanks ultrarunnergirl.

jmcbn-- thanks as always for your advice. No more stress than usual but i'll try taking magnesium supplements. also i think you're right about the fat thing. Trying to be better generally about getting more fat, because I still find myself hungry between meals. I definitely notice that I'm more satiated and don't need to eat as much/as frequently when I have a lot of fat with breakfast-- usually frying my eggs in a healthy dose of evoo will do the trick! I'll keep that in mind when focusing on sleep-- the days when I get enough fat I'm sure I sleep better! 

Archived