large quantities of water immediately after meals

HelenLA

I have already read that I should be sipping beverages during my meals so as not to interfere with proper digestion, especially since I don't have a gallbladder. my question is how long should I wait after a meal to really start drinking a lot of water? if I wait very long sometimes I forget to start drinking at all and I'm trying to work on drinking more water. water has always been my drink of choice but I need to drink more of it. any help is appreciated thank you.

I have already read that I should be sipping beverages during my meals so as not to interfere with proper digestion, especially since I don't have a gallbladder. my question is how long should I wait after a meal to really start drinking a lot of water? if I wait very long sometimes I forget to start drinking at all and I'm trying to work on drinking more water. water has always been my drink of choice but I need to drink more of it. any help is appreciated thank you.

I guess I should also have included a question about drinking large quantities of water immediately before I eat as well. would this interfere with food digestion?

• Administrators

Drinking large quantities of water before meals can interfere with digestion because it dilutes your available stomach acid.

If you have a smart phone, try the app "Plant Nanny", it's a really cute way of remembering and being accountable for water consumption during the day. :)

• 2 years later...

Archived