Constant Chills

So I started my January Whole30 a few days late, so I'm on day 22. Everything has been going great so far.  This is my second Whole30 and it's easier this time around than it was the first time.

However, for the past four days I have been SOOOOO cold.  I cannot seem to get warm.  I don't have any other cold symptoms, no fever, stuffiness, sore throat, just constant chills?

Has anyone ever experienced this? Do you think this is Whole30 related or something else?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Can you post what you've been eating for the last few days including portion sizes and meal timing?  Being cold CAN be related to what you eat (moreso if you're not eating enough nutrients) so we can take a look for you... 

Friday:

Breakfast 8:45am: 2 hardboiled eggs with homemade salsa (about 2 tablespoons) and around 8 baby carrots

Lunch 12:30: Chicken salad with lots of different veggies and balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Snack 3pm: 1 small apple

Dinner 8pm: Steak, medium sweet potato, green beans

Saturday:

Breakfast 8am: 2 eggs over easy with cooked spinach and 1 small apple

Lunch 12:45: Steak salad with veggies and balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Dinner 6pm: “Chicken fajita bowl” Chicken, peppers, onions, lettuce and homemade guac.

Sunday:

Breakfast 9:30am: 2 hardboiled eggs with half an avocado.

Lunch 12:45: 3 “turkey roll ups” 3 slices of turkey, 2 pieces of bacon (split between the three) spinach and onions.

Snack 3pm: 10-15 raw green beans

Dinner 7pm: 3 “Lettuce wraps” about 5-7 bite size pieces of chicken in each, lettuce, peppers, onions

Monday:

Breakfast 8am: 2 hardboiled eggs with homemade salsa (about 2 tablespoons)

Lunch 11:50am: 3 lettuce wraps (leftover from dinner Sunday night.

Unless you have really tiny hands, then you need more at breakfast. If you're only having eggs as protein, it's supposed to be as many as you can hold in your palm, 3-4 for most women. I can hold 4 but don't like eggs enough to have 4 every morning, so I split it with 2 eggs and some other protein. Last week was egg bake with pork and this week is scotch eggs. And more veggies, but as long as you're getting enough veggies over the course of the day it isn't so bad if breakfast is a little light on the veg. 

All your meals just generally look a little small, but I'm sure a mod will be back to weigh in before too long  :)

• Moderators

Okay great, thanks~

First, you're definitely not eating enough. When eggs are your sole source of protein, its as many as you can hold without dropping.  That starts at 3-4 for most people.

The template asks for 1-3 cups of vegetables at every meal.  When you're doing salad greens, you need MANY more than that because once chewed or steamed down, you need a LOT to get any substance.

Not sure about that turkey... was it a roasted turkey or deli meat?  If deli meat, check on it because there are VERY few deli meats that are compliant and many have some serious gut disruptors along with sugar.

The fact that you're snacking makes me positive that you're not eating enough at your meals.  Replace that fruit with vegetables.

It's hard to tell portion sizes with your steak salad and lettuce wraps but have you seen the template?  It's linked in my signature below.  The most worrying meal of yours to me is breakfast and the fact that you're measuring tablespoons of salsa... we dont' want you to measure like that.  We want you to fill your plate with 1-2 palms of protein (your own palm's thickness, length and width), 1-3 cups of vegetables and added fat in the form of mayo, avocado, olives, olive oil.

Also, I don't see any starchy carbs in your meals... You don't HAVE to eat them (squash, pumpkin, beets, parsnips, carrots, potato, sweet potato), but for a first Whole30, it is recommended to have one fist sized serving of them a day... often people have them with their last meal as they report it helps with sleep.

Archived