Day 10 - Timeline Seems Off

Yesterday was Day 10 of my first true Whole30 (I've tried once before but ended up doing two Whole15s, which obviously does not count), and I seemed to have moved from a happy, go lucky Days 1-9 directly into a constipated (sorry if TMI), killallthethings kind of mode. I have also been more tired than usual (I'm generally a very good sleeper, but I have been sleeping like a ROCK recently and I'm concerned about sleeping too much). I am receiving the Whole30 Daily emails this time around, which highlighted to me how different my timeline seems to be than what's expected, so just wanted to see if others had similar experiences. 

- Has anyone else experienced any of these symptoms?

- How long did the irritability last?

- Has anyone struggled with wanting MORE than the 8-9 hours of sleep?

- Has anyone tried using a probiotic or anything for bloating and constipation while doing the Whole30? Those are the specific things I am trying to heal with this Whole30, so I'm concerned about adding other variables. Has anyone found any food that seems to be helpful with those symptoms?

I'm not in a particularly bad place, but just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience and what suggestions people might have. Thank you, and happy Whole30ing!  :)

• Moderators

The timeline highlights the average experience of 1000s of people. What you must mean is that you are not average and you wonder why. :)

Tell us about what you have been eating for the past few days. There may be clues in the amount and composition of your meals and water consumption that explains your tiredness, irritability, bloating, and constipation. 

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

I don't remember specifics per day, but this is a general overview of the past few days.

Lunch/Dinner was one of the following:

- Carnitas, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts

- Spaghetti squash, bell peppers and onions, sauce, chicken (turkey) meatballs

- Sweet and Sour chicken (chicken, broccoli, peppers, onions, carrots) and cauliflower rice

All of the recipes (except the sweet and sour chicken and the tomato sauce) came from the Whole30 cookbook. 

Breakfast is typically eggs, peppers/onions, bacon, russet potatoes. Sometimes I also have brussel sprouts or asparagus or a banana. 

I'm not tracking my water consumption consistently, but it is usually lower on the weekends when I am distracted. At work, I get through at least one 32 oz. water per day (usually 1.5), plus what I have with breakfast and dinner.

Let me know if that gives you any clues. In general, I'm interested to hear others' experiences with these symptoms also. 

• Moderators

Sounds like drinking more water could be a big help for your issues.

The other thing I'm noticing is you are eating a lot of high-FODMAP foods -- broccoli, Brussels, onions, peppers, cauliflower. Nothing wrong with them but if you're having stomach issues you may want to eat low-FODMAP veggies for awhile and see if that helps your symptoms. Here is a low-FODMAP shopping list to get you started.

Archived