Rx Bars

Future06

Actually that link states yes can have them but they should be seen as emergency food.  

When we're going to be out 6-7hrs skiing we carry one in our pocket just in case. 

From their link:  "RxBars, Beaver Bites, and Yawp bars are still made with the highest quality real-food ingredients. They are still a healthy choice when used appropriately. Most important, they are still acceptable “emergency food” on the Whole30 program*. This change only affects our promotion of these companies as a Whole30 Approved partner or affiliate.".....  "Don’t eat these like candy, don’t use them to feed your Sugar Dragon, include these in your Whole30 carefully.”

I like to eat a half of a bar as fuel before a long run or my speed work. Had to find something other than Gu!

If you have any recommendations for pre run fuel (or fuel during long runs), I would be glad to take note! I'm training for two half marathons in the spring and am gearing up to start the Whole 30 on March 1. Thank you!

I like to eat a half of a bar as fuel before a long run or my speed work. Had to find something other than Gu!

If you have any recommendations for pre run fuel (or fuel during long runs), I would be glad to take note! I'm training for two half marathons in the spring and am gearing up to start the Whole 30 on March 1. Thank you!

I eat scrambled eggs and almond butter (separately) before a long run and when on Whole30, plain dates during. I found larabars too slow to hit my bloodstream to be effective. I also use coconut water.

Archived