Started February 8

JuliaL

Carmen, does your FB cover pic have runners in it?  Says from Delaware?

FB won't let me type a name in without being friends as the FB group is secret. 

Just want to make sure I've got the correct Carmen!  :)

Yes, that is me :) ICover pic is runners. Profile pic is just me, white vest leaning against a brown shingled wall. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I followed the plan perfectly. And gained 5 lbs and a bunch of inches. I guess every diet doesn't work for every person. I loved the plan. It's something I feel I could continue long term actually. I feel no need to reintroduce anything. So I'm continuing and trying much smaller portion sizes, lower carb veggies, less fat, and more exercise. I'm just so disappointed. Just wanted to vent I guess. I'm happy for everyone who had more positive results though.

Sounds like you have a great attitude and are aware of what changes  needed to make now that you've mastered the program. I think Whole30 does a great job providing a foundation, from there you can tweak to find out what best works for you. Have you been exercising? 

I've done 3 rounds of whole30 (2/14, 2/15, 2/16) The first time I did it, I didn't lose any weight. But after eating paleo style a few months later I noticed my clothes fitting much better! So give it time, let your body adjust :)

I followed the plan perfectly. And gained 5 lbs and a bunch of inches. I guess every diet doesn't work for every person. I loved the plan. It's something I feel I could continue long term actually. I feel no need to reintroduce anything. So I'm continuing and trying much smaller portion sizes, lower carb veggies, less fat, and more exercise. I'm just so disappointed. Just wanted to vent I guess. I'm happy for everyone who had more positive results though.

HI Pamela: I can hear the disappointment in your post and I'm so sorry for that. I know how we are supposed to focus really hard on the NSV's and so I'm wondering what your NSV's are. Just curious. I also wanted weight loss to be part of my plan, but I only experienced a 4.0 loss and trust me, I have at least 30 to lose, so not sure why my body wouldn't let go (other than the fact that I was sick for most of the 30 days, had to take antibiotics and steroids) so this likely affected everything, but of course all of that rationale goes right out the window when I stepped on the scale. Was totally in tears over it... especially when I boyfriend lost 21 pounds and we were eating the exact same things, though I ate a bit less since I'm a lady. In any case, I'm not meaning to complain about my results, I really just wanted you to know that I know that sucky feeling of feeling that we failed at something we gave out all to.

Hang in there and please send your NSV's if you are inclined to share.

Thanks for the encouragement! I did not exercise for the first 20 days bc I was sick with sinus and ear infections. But I worked out 30-60 minutes each day for the last 10 days. My NSVs are great sleep and more energy during the day. If I had stayed the same weight, it'd be one thing. I am so grateful for sleep and energy. But not if it means I get even bigger.

Archived