Starting March 1st!

ALJamison

I'm starting March 1st too! I have three little boys (5.5, 4, and 14 months) who will not be making this easy for me. I'm going to be faced with a couple of difficult challenges to stay on plan when my kids start weekend baseball, my dad's family birthday dinner, and Easter come around (so much sugar! it's everywhere!). I really want to be healthier and not HAVE to have a bunch of coffee in the morning to get me going. I'll be trying to build an exercise routine to support my new lifestyle as well. While I'm not focusing on weight-loss, I'm going to do a weigh-in/measurements tomorrow to get a starting point. And go shopping for FOOD!

I bought my daughter tickets to see Matilda the musical for her birthday, which we are seeing the 20th. We are going with another mum and her daughter, staying the night in Melbourne...I can see that being an issue for me. And of course Easter, I hadn't even thought about it, I should survive, I'd rather savoury than sweet so I'm ok!! Your month sounds tough, keep in touch.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said this before but starting my 3rd Whole 30 tomorrow.

Had amazing success the first 2 times but life has gotten in the way every since.  It amazes me the amount of crap I have eaten in the last few weeks,...how bad I feel, how bad my skin is getting again. :(

I was training for and ran a 15K and surprisingly felt great! I have a half marathon coming up in June and would really like to be totally prepared for it as I was not for the 15K.  I am also approaching my 1 year mark of discovering and starting the Whole 30 and would love to see what kind of results I can get after this round.

Shooting for Whole 90 but will see how I feel after 30 days.

Join me and a few others on FB as we share menu ideas, support, answer questions, and just vent :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/681298825347792/

I'm also starting tomorrow, doing sort of a dry run today. I'm a little confused about the pre-workout and post workout meals: what if I work out right before breakfast? Should I just eat breakfast as my post workout meal ? Also are nuts and nut butters considered protein or fat? I'm trying to figure out a way to do this without eating five eggs a day!

I'm also starting tomorrow, doing sort of a dry run today. I'm a little confused about the pre-workout and post workout meals: what if I work out right before breakfast? Should I just eat breakfast as my post workout meal ? Also are nuts and nut butters considered protein or fat? I'm trying to figure out a way to do this without eating five eggs a day!

Nuts & nut butters are considered fat for the purposes of a Whole30.

If you work out first thing the general rule of thumb would be to incorporate a preWO meal if it will be longer than an hour before you first eat, so if your WO is short you can skip the pre WO.

Post WO meals should be eaten in addition to your three main meals.

I tend to eat a few bites of chicken literally as soon as I am done, then shower & change & then have breakfast.

Hope this helps  :)

Tomorrow it all starts! This will be my first Whole30

I am so impressed by how many of you have been slowly cutting back already - good on you! I am glad to have such strength doing this with me.

I did not cut back already... as a matter of fact, I am drinking a coke as I write this (amateur move I am sure). Obviously the sugar dragon is my problem. Here's to slaying those dragons.

I did my first Whole30 in January but after my reintroduction, I began to eat badly again, even though I had great successes! I felt amazing! Then I started getting headaches, feeling tired, and generally felt pretty gross. I wonder now if I had always felt that way but only noticed it because I felt so good in January. Time to bring that amazing feeling back. So, I'll be starting a Whole60 on March 1st!

Hello everyone.

I am too starting today for the first time, hardest part for me will be giving up dairy and pasta. But I am looking forward to increasing my overall health especially since I am tired and sore most of the time. Now I need to also build a good workout regime.

Hey all. I am actually re-starting today. I didn't just fall off the whole30 wagon, I burned that wagon to the ground with my binge fest yesterday. Whoops!! I made it to day 15 before falling flat on my face. It was my own fault. For 15 days I ate compliant foods, but never really got the hang of 3 balanced meals a day, snacked a lot, skipped meals, and felt like crap the whole time because of it. Gonna try again and this time I am going to do it right!

Good luck!

Tomorrow it all starts! This will be my first Whole30

I am so impressed by how many of you have been slowly cutting back already - good on you! I am glad to have such strength doing this with me.

I did not cut back already... as a matter of fact, I am drinking a coke as I write this (amateur move I am sure). Obviously the sugar dragon is my problem. Here's to slaying those dragons.

I'm impressed as well.  Last night, I was thinking "What else do I want to have one last time?"  I know that this isn't the way that I want to think.  I am finally realizing how much worse I feel when I eat non-compliant foods.  Now, I want to find out which specific foods are doing the harm and change my mindset to stick to an overall healthier lifestyle.

Started my first Whole30 today and feeling wonderful about it!  I need to turn my bad cravings around and get my habits in check.  Hoping this is just the kick in the pants that I need.  Is it possible that just halfway through day one, two meals in, I already feel better?  You can tell me it's in my head, but that's exactly the mindset I need to carry me through.  Hello to all the other newbies starting today!  

Hello everyone - starting my third Whole 30 today.  I completed the first one in July of '14, after seeing pictures of myself on vacation.  Completed another one in July of '15.  I'm motivated to do this round to loose some weight before I shop for my 'mother of the bride' outfit.  As I've learned from my previous journeys, after the first 4 or 5 days, the initial hump, it's really very doable.  The big obstacle for me is ALCOHOL.  I look forward to a glass of wine or a martini after a day at work.  The trick I learned is to distract myself between 6-8 pm, then I'm okay.  Mental games.  Big benefits noticed before is wonderful sleep and the feeling of control and accomplishment.  Good luck to everyone! 

I wish I'd seen this post before starting my own for a March 1st start date!! So glad that so many are on this journey at the same time!!!

My name is Krys - I am from Ontario Canada and am a 32 yr old mother of 2. I am a registered nurse and work straight nights, making my sleep and eating habits the worst! I'm determined to complete this whole 30, and hoping to see some improvements in my energy level as well as my relationship with food :) being able to permanently say no to the really poor food choices that tired night shift workers binge on would be AWESOME!

Good luck to everyone :)

Hey all. I am actually re-starting today. I didn't just fall off the whole30 wagon, I burned that wagon to the ground with my binge fest yesterday. Whoops!! I made it to day 15 before falling flat on my face. It was my own fault. For 15 days I ate compliant foods, but never really got the hang of 3 balanced meals a day, snacked a lot, skipped meals, and felt like crap the whole time because of it. Gonna try again and this time I am going to do it right!

Good luck!

Oh trust me I understand the scary burning of the wagon binges! I am glad you addressed it and are so quick to hope back on. And it's great you found this group! Myself and everybody here are sure to push each other to make sure we make it through.

Do you have an Instagram? On my first Whole30 posting photos of my food daily and tagging some other Whole30ers helped hold both me and them accountable for clean eating. If you want we could do that again. Or maybe do a #MarchWhole30

I started my first whole30 yesterday. Excited about this journey! Had a terrible headache yesterday. Feeling better today. Hope to kick my sugar and carb addictions. I work as a nurse midwife and have crazy hours. I have 2 lunch bags packed with stuff since I'm on call at the hospital until midnight tomorrow. Call is usually the hardest time for me. 

I started my first whole30 yesterday. Excited about this journey! Had a terrible headache yesterday. Feeling better today. Hope to kick my sugar and carb addictions. I work as a nurse midwife and have crazy hours. I have 2 lunch bags packed with stuff since I'm on call at the hospital until midnight tomorrow. Call is usually the hardest time for me.

I know how this feels! All the best during your stretch...you can do this!! :)

Hello! I started my first Whole 30 today as well. Great to read all the stories above and see such support possibilities here. I need to lose 100 lbs, and I am 62, so this is a life style change for me before it is too late! I am an emotional eater, and today was very telling for me as I planned for my meals, really enjoyed them and began to recognize the habit vs real hunger feelings. Whew, eye opening already. Best to you all, I hope to check in for support, and I'm here for you too

Oh trust me I understand the scary burning of the wagon binges! I am glad you addressed it and are so quick to hope back on. And it's great you found this group! Myself and everybody here are sure to push each other to make sure we make it through.

Do you have an Instagram? On my first Whole30 posting photos of my food daily and tagging some other Whole30ers helped hold both me and them accountable for clean eating. If you want we could do that again. Or maybe do a #MarchWhole30

I do have an instagram. Its _a_glimpse_of_me_   I would love to have a buddy on there as that is where I update and post most often :)

I wish I'd seen this post before starting my own for a March 1st start date!! So glad that so many are on this journey at the same time!!!

My name is Krys - I am from Ontario Canada and am a 32 yr old mother of 2. I am a registered nurse and work straight nights, making my sleep and eating habits the worst! I'm determined to complete this whole 30, and hoping to see some improvements in my energy level as well as my relationship with food :) being able to permanently say no to the really poor food choices that tired night shift workers binge on would be AWESOME!

Good luck to everyone :)

I work in the hospital setting as well and I am currently on a stretch of nights (soooooo tired!!! LOL) Nights have always made for the worst eating and snacking habits for me. And as for sleep, ya that just doesn't happen when on a stretch.

Good luck to you!

Hi guys, excited to have some moral support this time for my second Whole30! For me, the biggest problem is definitely the sugar dragon - I'm an emotional eater, having been anorexic and bulimic as a teenager/young adult. Now I just tend to eat too much chocolate after a stressful day, especially at night. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant, so that's another thing I may have to deal with in the next 30 days. Glad to "meet" you all, and hope we can motivate and support each other for the next month!

Hello

I'm starting today (I accidentaly had a peace of bread yesterday... :unsure:  )

It is my third try. Last time, in january, It was interrupted on day 15 by a surgery. I hope I can finish this time. 

My goal is to be healthier, as I'm trying to concieve, reduce the PMS symptomes, reduce PCOS, and lose some weight (I have 10kg to lose).

My fiancé is suporting me by eating what I prepare and not bying stuff like bread, brioche, or making crêpes, or tiramisu... It's very kind of him. In return, I promissed I would cook real meals, and not just make salad everyday. So yesterday night, I made a sweet potatoes hachis parmentier. Looks delicious !!! 

Good luck to all of you. :)

I'm starting now too.  My main reason is weight loss.  I did a program called Ideal Protein and lost 40 lbs from July-December.  It worked but the ingredients in the foods were not what I would choose to eat but it was short term.  My main issue is trusting the process.  I still have 25ish lbs to lose.  I workout and like only eating 3 times a day.  There is always this little thought in my head "what if it doesn't work......you might as well eat some junk cause it probably won't work anyway."  Lots of self sabotage going on.  I did learn sweet potatoes are not gonna work for me.  I felt bloated for 5 or more hours afterwards and drinking 80+ oz of water did not help at all.  I got the courage (don't like to try new things) to try rutabaga and 1 bite I was hooked.  It is so good and no bloating afterwards.  Somebody please tell me to trust the process, it will work.  I will lose weight plus gain more benefits....

Patty 

I'm starting now too.  My main reason is weight loss.  I did a program called Ideal Protein and lost 40 lbs from July-December.  It worked but the ingredients in the foods were not what I would choose to eat but it was short term.  My main issue is trusting the process.  I still have 25ish lbs to lose.  I workout and like only eating 3 times a day.  There is always this little thought in my head "what if it doesn't work......you might as well eat some junk cause it probably won't work anyway."  Lots of self sabotage going on.  I did learn sweet potatoes are not gonna work for me.  I felt bloated for 5 or more hours afterwards and drinking 80+ oz of water did not help at all.  I got the courage (don't like to try new things) to try rutabaga and 1 bite I was hooked.  It is so good and no bloating afterwards.  Somebody please tell me to trust the process, it will work.  I will lose weight plus gain more benefits....

Patty 

Hey Patty & welcome to Whole30

If sweet potatoes caused you so much bloat and rutabaga was fine then you might want to consider eating low FODMAP veg which should cause less bloat/inflammation and in turn give you better results.

Take a look at >this infographic< which gives a good explanation of what FODMAPs are, and a traffic light system (about half way down the page) for what you should & shouldn't eat, and things you can eat in moderation - obviously ignoring all the off plan foods...!!

Archived