Weekly Whole Foods Sales :)

Susan W

Just got my newest WF flyer in my email box. Good stuff. Top Round: (aka London Broil) $4.99 lb, usually $6.99 (beef jerky, here I come). Frozen Wild Lobster Tails: $4.99 lb, usually $6.99 and Bella Terra San Marzano Organic Tomatoes: $3.50 for large can, usually $4.99 a can.

I scored whole chicken yesterday for $.99/lb. It was a one day sale that I couldn't pass up! I really wanted to like their shrimp and scallops but there was the same odd taste to both of them that I just can't get past. I guess I'll have to find a fish market.

Our Whole Foods is an hour away, but worth the drive. Definetely going to see if I can get the email flyers, hadn't occured to me to do that. Thanks for the "tip" slw600 :)

Just "like" them on Face Book and you'll start getting the weekly emails. I think you can also just go look on their website and click on "weekly specials" there too. It's just nice when they arrive weekly.

I scored whole chicken yesterday for $.99/lb. It was a one day sale that I couldn't pass up! I really wanted to like their shrimp and scallops but there was the same odd taste to both of them that I just can't get past. I guess I'll have to find a fish market.

I haven't tried their scallops, but I agree about their shrimp. The only shrimp I buy there is the frozen Key West shrimp. You get 2 lbs for 12.99. It's raw, but shelled and devained. They look like smaller rock shrimp. They are delicious. Very sweet and tender. Trader Joes has fabulous Wild White Shrimp. It's the only large shrimp that I buy. I tried Costco's and WF and didn't like it at all.

I haven't tried their scallops, but I agree about their shrimp. The only shrimp I buy there is the frozen Key West shrimp. You get 2 lbs for 12.99. It's raw, but shelled and devained. They look like smaller rock shrimp. They are delicious. Very sweet and tender. Trader Joes has fabulous Wild White Shrimp. It's the only large shrimp that I buy. I tried Costco's and WF and didn't like it at all.

Hmmm. Very interesting. The last shrimp I bought at WF was in May for a Friday special, They had "Fresh Wild Caught Georgia Gulf Shrimp" so it was "locally" sourced and they were fabulous! The bay scallops I got a couple weeks ago were yummy too. I think it all probably depends where the stores throughout the country get there product from. I can't imagine Portland would have the same sources as Atlanta for ALL of their fresh seafood, but I could be wrong.

Love the TJ's frozen seafood options. I buy a lot there too.

Archived