Roasted Seaweed?

Melissak222

slw, seed oils are not 100% forbidden on a w30, we just discourage their conscious inclusion, since they are so ubiquitous you're going to be eating them no matter how hard you try to avoid them anyway...we don't want to encourage any EXTRA.

Personally I'd find a better source...but these aren't _technically_ out

If you can't find any that are roasted in olive oil, or another Whole30 compliant oil, you can always buy sheets of roasted nori and toast them lightly yourself!

It's easy - I usually get 30-packs of large nori sheets for $4-5, (they look like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41jWUpy4WiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)

The sheets are roasted without any oil, and you can use/eat them plain, but I usually take a few sheets at a time, get some olive oil on my fingers and rub them lightly, then wave them over the burner on my stove until they crisp a bit (it takes less than a minute). I then sprinkle on a little salt, cut them in quarters with a pair of kitchen scissors, and there you go!

It's a great snack, and plain roasted nori is always handy to have around, for making wraps or for crumbling up to season vegetables, chicken, or fish.

If you can't find any that are roasted in olive oil, or another Whole30 compliant oil, you can always buy sheets of roasted nori and toast them lightly yourself!

It's easy - I usually get 30-packs of large nori sheets for $4-5, (they look like this: http://ecx.images-am...L500_AA300_.jpg)

The sheets are roasted without any oil, and you can use/eat them plain, but I usually take a few sheets at a time, get some olive oil on my fingers and rub them lightly, then wave them over the burner on my stove until they crisp a bit (it takes less than a minute). I then sprinkle on a little salt, cut them in quarters with a pair of kitchen scissors, and there you go!

It's a great snack, and plain roasted nori is always handy to have around, for making wraps or for crumbling up to season vegetables, chicken, or fish.

This sounds like a GREAT flavor addition. I love the flavor of it and it would be really good on vegetables...or maybe fish or shrimp. YUM! :)

slw, seed oils are not 100% forbidden on a w30, we just discourage their conscious inclusion, since they are so ubiquitous you're going to be eating them no matter how hard you try to avoid them anyway...we don't want to encourage any EXTRA.

Personally I'd find a better source...but these aren't _technically_ out

I'm a weirdo about such things. If I see a moderator say "no seed oils", I totally go with that. :)

Archived