Looking for Some Guidance

Hi all!

I really need some help/advice/feedback. I did a January Whole 30 and felt AMAZING! I wasn't bloated, some abs started peeking out, my stomach was never hurt, my skin was glowing. I was feeling great!

I then stayed compliant for another week or so, and then was away on my (long delayed) honeymoon - two weeks road tripping California. It was a once-in-a-lifetime trip, and the best time of my life! However, it totally threw me off anything even resembling clean eating. I ate ALL THE THINGS. I could tell my body wasn't happy, but a) some of it was really delicious and 2) it's really hard to eat healthy when you're on the road....

So I came back feeling bloated and gross. I landed back in the UK late Thursday night, and by Friday lunchtime had gone grocery shopping and was eating Whole 30 again at home. However, we've been out for dinner a couple of times where I've tried to eat in the spirit of Whole 30, although things may have been cooked in non-compliant ways. With my year ramping up, I've not got a nice clear block of time like January to do another Whole 30, but I wan't to get back to how I was feeling (and looking!)

My plan is to always eat Whole 30 at home, and mostly eat at home. However, if I'm out or away, I will eat in the spirit of Whole 30, but not get too worried if I have something not 100% compliant. I'm going to stay away from cheese/milk (they are NOT my friend) at all times, and mostly just eat clean. Basically, what I was planning to do at the end of my Whole 30 (eat clean until something came up worth eating.)

If I do that, will I ever look/feel as good as I did on January 31st?? I do crossfit 3-4 times a week, and go running 1-2 times a week in normal life (if that helps at all.)

Sorry for the long post, but I don't know anyone in my real life who eats clean or anything...

Thanks for the advice/support!

If you didn't do a proper Reintroduction, if there's something other than dairy which holds you back, you may not find the same improvements.

You'll need to see how you go with your new plan. If it doesn't give you the results you're looking for, you may need another Whole30 with a Reintroduction period to get some more detail. Some symptoms are more noticeable than others, but I'm sure you can get back to where you were, you just may need to experiment a little :)

Archived