Beginning 4/7 for an anti-allergy reset

This will be my first time doing the Whole30 program, although I already keep a gluten and dairy free diet most of the time. I need to take it to the next level. Here are my reasons for doing the program:

1. I get frequent, severe sinus infections when I eat dairy.
  2. My under-the-tongue glands swell when I eat various grain-based foods. I thought it was just wheat and my symptoms were very mild for a few years but they've become severe in the last month. Within a few hours of eating/drinking anything grain-based, my glands are throbbing. I need to listen to my body and stop giving it things it doesn't want.
  3. My mom is battling cancer and in her journey, has learned the true value of caring for your body through food choices. I, too, have learned a lot about the effects of less-than-great food choices through watching her and observing myself. Thus, the only reason I still make bad choices is out of sugar addiction or self-destructive tendencies.

My hope is that after completing my first Whole30, I'll be able to see a big enough difference that I will be motivated by the benefits of living a whole life, rather than being motivated by the pain/exhaustion of making less-than-healthy daily choices.

I'm 23, about to graduate college, and I manage an office that must remain open 24/7 for student safety. My schedule is all over the place, I never get near enough sleep, and I'm surrounded by booze and peers who are as far from a whole30 lifestyle as can be. It won't be easy, but I'm tired of feeling horrid half the time from sugar, grains, and booze. There may never be a perfect time to do this, so no excuses from here on out. Now is as good a time as any, and this way I'll by happier and healthier by graduation:D

• 2 months later...

Archived