Magnesium supplements

I have fibromyalgia and trapezious myalgia. I take magnesium to help relax my muscles. But the kind i usually get from costco contains glycerin, gelatin, and soy lecithin. Another brand i found at my chiropractors office doesnt have soy lecithin but does have rice flour. Anyone have any recommendations for a magnesium supplement to help with muscle tightness during a whole 30? Or which one is less evil if there isnt a complaint kind lol

• Moderators

Natural Calm (the unflavored one only -- flavored ones have stevia) is completely compliant. 

There are different forms of magnesium, so if the magnesium citrate in Natural Calm is not what you currently take (some other types include magnesium chloride or magnesium carbonate), your results may be different, and it may be worth looking for compliant versions of the type you take. If you google Whole30 magnesium supplement, you can find past forum discussions of this that might mention brands of some other types people have found.

A lot of people prefer to take it before bed for two reasons, one it can help with sleep and the other because some people find it gets things moving in the bathroom, not always something you want on the way to work or going out with friends  :)

The kind I linked to shouldn't cause that problem. It's most common with magnesium citrate products.

Archived