October 1st, Day One!

Rachael2288

Hello everyone!

I finished It Starts With Food yesterday on an airplane back from Chicago (visiting the boyfriend's family) and started my Whole30 today! After eating pretty poorly (for me) this weekend I am so excited to make the plunge and see what it does for me!

Congrats to anyone else getting started today and good luck! :D

Rachael

Hi all! I have just finished my first ever day of whole 30 and it was'nt too bad! I really need to do a bit of planning and shopping though to keep me on track this week. Can u eat tinned tomatoes? And do you buy just ordinary coconut milk from supermarkets even though it contains E numbers? If anyone can help I would be most grateful. Good luck. Kate(N.Ireland).

Welcome & good luck :)

Re the tins of tomatoes they should be fine just check for any added weird ingredients.

The coconut milk - the only allowed additive is guar gum. You should google to see if that has an ascribed E number, I don't think it does.

Welcome & good luck :)

Re the tins of tomatoes they should be fine just check for any added weird ingredients.

The coconut milk - the only allowed additive is guar gum. You should google to see if that has an ascribed E number, I don't think it does.

Eta it does E412

I planned to start today, but since I had been "practicing" for a few days now, I decided to just start officially yesterday. I feel like that's been a big advantage, because I've been saying "you can, but should you?" for the last week. I put me in a great state of mind. SO excited for this month.

No, just regular supermarkets, though I go to the HF shop for nut butters etc. Usually I'll try to find X in supermarket & if no joy on I go to HF shop.

The only compliant stock cube I have found is Just Bouillon gluten free veg one in the red box. Some of the M&S fresh pouches are ok asfaik but spendy!

Oh dear i used that Marigold swiss bouillon powder tonight - oops does that mean that i have to start again? What brand of coconut milk do you buy? Also I tried to get balsamic vinegar today and even the organic one contained sulpites! Frrustrating day at the shops! Apart from that all good. Well done to complete another day folks so

Flip, I think it contains sugar doesn't it? That'd usually mean a re-start or extra days added on, up to you though. You could ask a mod in a new thread.

I use a brand called Thai gold but I don't think it's in uk, it's a small Irish importer.

Archived