I think I just messed up on my first official day!

I had a long day away, including a flat tire. I had planned to make myself a salad when I got home, but my daughter had grilled chicken and cooked some veggies. So I ate them. Halfway through I remembered that she would have used Johnny's seasoning salt...which includes a few ingredients that are off plan. I ate about 3 oz of the chicken....

Oh, and I was going to have almond butter on celery, and after the first bite I read the label, and "naturally good" has sugar!!!! I then bought almond butter at Trader Joe's that doesn't have butter so I could have my lunch!

How badly did I mess up?

I had a long day away, including a flat tire. I had planned to make myself a salad when I got home, but my daughter had grilled chicken and cooked some veggies. So I ate them. Halfway through I remembered that she would have used Johnny's seasoning salt...which includes a few ingredients that are off plan. I ate about 3 oz of the chicken....

Oh, and I was going to have almond butter on celery, and after the first bite I read the label, and "naturally good" has sugar!!!! I then bought almond butter at Trader Joe's that doesn't have butter so I could have my lunch!

How badly did I mess up?

Unfortunately your gut doesn't differentiate between one bite or the whole chicken...  What were the off plan ingredients in the seasoning? 

Well done on spotting the sugar in the nut butter - this is a win for sure  :)

• Moderators

I'd be more concerned that there is wheat and/or soy in that seasoning... I did a quick google and found this on the Livestrong website... obviously your own bottle is what you need to be worried about but it's probably not just sugar... It could also have MSG in it which is also a big no... 

And the reason that I wanted to say this is because IF it does have soy and msg, it would be a definite reason to start over... they are both MASSIVE gut disruptors... 

Johnny’s Seasoning Salt contains salt, sugar, paprika, pepper, garlic, soy sauce powder, cellulose gel and citric acid. The seasoning salt with the yellow lid contains added soy and wheat

Archived