My umpteenth attempt

fmr_sailor

Not that you have done so, but I think it's important to keep the mindset not that you've failed a w30, but that you've learned a lot about diet and yourself during this last experiment. It's been a valuable lesson that, although you didn't get to finish the entire month, will prepare you for the next time you have a less hectic life schedule and are more able to dedicate the time (oh the time!) to all the prepwork and organization required to make it work.

Good job on how far you came, and congrats on realizing when enough was enough rather than beating yourself up over it for the remainder of the month and being a beast to yourself and your family every minute of it.

You'll be able to restart again if that's in the cards when you're ready!

I felt like absolute garbage after I got back from the gym Monday. I ran 8 miles without a problem Sunday, and I focused on starchy carbs that day. Then Monday after the gym I was completely wiped out. I hated the way I was feeling, and I was doing all the the things (following the template, etc). I just can't seem to make it to the other side of the fatigue.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm back! I quit weighing myself about a month and a half ago, which I believe was a major hindrance to my ability to complete a Whole30. Actually it was the fear of gaining weight or getting fat. I've been doing body image work and working on intuitive eating. Reading Health At Every Size by Linda Bacon has had a huge impact on my ability to accept whenever my body is going to weigh. I've been struggling with psoriasis on my face (that's new) and issues with constipation, which have been going on most of my adult life. I want to take my newfound comfort with all foods and direct it in a nutritious way. So I plan to begin my Whole 30 on June 21st, the day after my youngest child's birthday. I'm beginning my shopping prep tomorrow, as I have a couple of weeks to get my house ready. Activity of late is distance running (still) and moderately heavy barbell training. Looking forward to finishing, almost two years after I attempted my first W30. I will take it one day at a time. 

Wow. I can relate completely to your journey fmr_sailor. I did a full Whole 30 about 5 years ago and the emotional and physical results (especially emotional/psychological) were remarkable. I didn't follow the reintroduction instructions and did a swan dive in to a pool of junk food. Since then I have a Whole 30 track record of 0 for too many. I need to do it but cave every time. When I read "I tapped out" in your thread, I felt bad for you but appreciated the comedy and related with memories of doing same with a big laugh. I wish you well in your June 21 Whole 30.

Archived