2 Weeks Post Whole 30 and Massive Chocolate Binge

Kate File

I found the Whole 30 so EASY and I loved it. Yet I finished 2 weeks ago and have in the last 4 days ended up in a complete chocolate eating frenzy. Purely because we had left over share packs from a camping trip.

I am starting a moderated Whole 30 tomorrow, making allowances for say Thursday night when we go out for dinner before a show, and say the following weekend when we have a big family lunch.

Will this work?

I've discovered that I cannot control myself with chocolate with a lower cacao % than 85%, At 85% or higher I can take a small square, nibble on it and be perfectly fine with that. I think that at a lower % the extra sweetness/sugar makes me crave it. If you want chocolate in your life you might try an experiment to see if you have better control with the super dark stuff.

Of course--wait to experiment until you are done with your new Whole30! :)

Kate,

I had a similar issue with chocolate post W30. I had no issues with craving chocolate or sweets during the month but as soon as I took one bite of chocolate post W30, i found myself in a chocolate binge. I will be restarting another W30 sometime after October 16th (the date is TBD since I'll be traveling until the 16th or so). I'm taking this as a lesson learned and I won't be making the same mistake at the end of my next W30.

Good luck on your new W30!

Archived