Meds for Allergies

LRBrown

I am a life long struggler with seasonal allergies (really, all seasons, but fall and spring are the worst). I am literally a walking zombie in the fall. I know I have read that medications trump but I want to be 100% W30 compliant and know that even something like ibuprofen for a sore throat might effect the process. Should I try to cut out these meds and just "suffer" until conditions approve? Are the meds going to make a difference in my results? Any other suggestions for more natural ways to help out?

My symptoms are:

- Headaches

- Nasal Congestion as well as stuffy/ foggy head

- Major drainage= horribly sore throat (sometimes even makes me queasy)

Meds I am taking:

- Clariton D daily

- Mucinex at night for drainage

- Ibuprofin (maybe 1 tablet a day for headache or sore throat + an 800mg at night for sore throat)

I agree with Nancy. However, a Moderator may chime in about some better choices of the meds. The mucinex is liquid and lots of sugar in it correct? Maybe I am thinking of Nyquil. You should not have to "suffer" through anything while on Whole30. However, wouldn't it be great if you discovered some improvements whole on W30 and you could slowly dump your meds? :)

Thank you all! The first week was horrible! I had even done acupuncture this year (which really helped!) but then my first W30 week was bad! This is week two and I definitely see a drastic improvement! (We have not had a hard frost yet, so I know it is not that everything is dying either!)

I have been able to stop the mucinex (the drainage is not as bad at night now). I haven't had an ibuprofin all week (headaches and sore throat are gone). So, that only leaves me w/ the Zyrtec which, truth be told, I am playing around w/ now to see how often I need it! YAAAY!

Archived