Not Sure where to Ask this

NewStart2014

Here's my take on this...there really isn't any reason except one. I did my first Whole 30 last August 1, 2011. I never looked back. I probably went off of it no more than once a week for the next year. Maybe not even that often. However, what I do like about reintroducing is that you discover what bothers you and what doesn't. I didn't really know the reintroduction method last time. Somehow I missed it in the information. I finished my second whole 30 on Sept 30th. My plan is to reintroduce dairy and grains (per the plan) and see exactly how they affect me. I will do the gluten grains and the non gluten grains separately. I would like to know if my suspicions are correct and they both have an ill affect on me. My suspicion is that non gluten grains (white rice in particular) won't have much of an affect, but the only time I would have that is with my beloved sushi. :) So, for me, it's more for the knowledge than wanting those items. Not even sure I will reintroduce beans because I don't miss them and see no advantage in eating them. If dairy doesn't bother me, I may eat the occasional plain Greek yogurt. Make sense?

Well I can hardly believe it but I'm on day 28 already. I've decided to extend it to 45 days and I've just thrown out a ton of food because, although I planned on trying it post W30, I now realise it contains ingredients I really, really don't want in my body.

However there are some things I'd like to try again. I have various health issues and I was taking Manuka Honey, which I felt was helping. I'd like to try it again to see how I react. Also my beloved chipotle chillies in adobo sauce have a smidgin of sugar in them. I've never had a sweet tooth or sugar issues so I'm hoping I can get away with using them ocasionally. I was already gluten and dairy free so that's not an issue but I'm just curious as to whether rice would affect me or not, though I don't see me eating a lot of it even if it's ok.

I guess I see myself basically eating this way forever but maybe trying one or two non-compliant foods and not worrying quite so much if I go out for a meal.

I don't see any reason to do reintroduction if you plan on eating this way forever...however I do agree with slw600...it's good to know what foods cause a reaction in case you ever want to eat off plan or go off the rails completely...you can make an informed decision about what is really going to hurt your body rather than just make you feel a little bad...

The reintroduction phase is how I discovered I am, in fact, gluten intolerant. Because I'd been eating gluten all my life, I'd never made the link between indigestion and gluten. Equally, I found out exactly which types of dairy aggravated my skin and allergies (i.e. milk). Makes it easier to offroad during meals out, weddings, holidays etc., without getting properly sick.

Yep, same answer as the above: knowledge. Mainly it helps when I'm traveling and sometimes it's either eat off track or don't eat for two weeks. It's helpful for me to know what will make me feel a little off for a few hours and what will make me completely nonfunctional for the duration of my honeymoon. Or, I should say, It would have been helpful if I'd done my reintros properly the first time.

Archived