Help, I am confused

Loraine

I have moved onto the transition phase.

Can I make and eat paleo muffins (cocnut flour, almond flour, seed and nuts. eggs and almond milk).

I have seen recipes in various places for cakes, cookies and breads, have read Robb Wolf and trying to get my hear around Mark Sissons and the Whole9 book has just arrived.

I kind of understand a theory that we are not supposed to make paleofied foods, but if they ingredients fir into this way of eating why is that so wrong.

I make a bread substitite using eggs, flax seeds (ground), mixed seeds/nuts - shy is this so wrong to have with a poached egg.

I actually don't really like bread, and one loaf would be in my freezer so that i could just have a slice now and again and the loaf would last a couple of months.

I am confused too re transition?, have you completed your Whole30? If not, no you can not have the bread, if you have finished you can have whatever the heck you like :)

I'm sure a mod will be able to explain the whole no-paleofying non paleo foods for you.

I am confused too re transition?, have you completed your Whole30? If not, no you can not have the bread, if you have finished you can have whatever the heck you like :)

I'm sure a mod will be able to explain the whole no-paleofying non paleo foods for you.

Thanks Derval, I have more than finished my Whole 30, but am confused by various books using ingredients to make paloefied foods.

Well if you are finished it is totally your call then, if you enjoy these foods, they don't cause a reaction and they aren't going to be every day thing I don't see why not...I'd avoid if you think it would open the floodgates and make your crave regular bread though...

• Moderators

Paleo bread and desserts are banned during a Whole30 for two reasons. They are not good food in comparison to meat and vegetables and eating paleo-fied conventional foods often leads people to slip back into their old ways of eating.

I think Paleo muffins and bread are lame, but like Derval said, you can eat anything you want after a Whole30.

Thanks Tom and Derval for you replies. I am way over the initial 30 day plan, I have never used much milk (I take a teaspoon in my tea once a day), not too fussed about bread and no sweet tooth. I find Paleo is very similar to the way I have eaten for a lot of my life until an RTA caused PTSD amd eating crap became my medication.

I will be sticking wth Paleo as I need to lose weight and want to live a long, long time. I am hoping that over time my psoraisis will reduce if not totally disappear (stress related) and my arthritic body will feel better (it does already)!

Thanks Tom and Derval for you replies. I am way over the initial 30 day plan, I have never used much milk (I take a teaspoon in my tea once a day), not too fussed about bread and no sweet tooth. I find Paleo is very similar to the way I have eaten for a lot of my life until an RTA caused PTSD amd eating crap became my medication.

I will be sticking wth Paleo as I need to lose weight and want to live a long, long time. I am hoping that over time my psoraisis will reduce if not totally disappear (stress related) and my arthritic body will feel better (it does already)!

Well hopefuly you will find it in yourself to continue whith Whole 30.

Well hopefuly you will find it in yourself to continue whith Whole 30.

Oh I will, I love this way of eating and as I was born during WWII I learned much from my Mum about buying and eating locally grown foods. I love this life I am giving myself.

Archived