1st August start - group

lovemypaperhouse

7 hours ago, Kaatje64 said:

Hi Vozelle,

thank you for your concern, since it is my fourth Whole30, I know what triggers my system. The granola was gluten free and dairy, especially goat and my homemade yoghurt aren't bothering me. It's grains with gluten and sugar that will get me and my body into trouble. So I will try to wait as long as possible with eating those and minimise my intake.

love Karin

Oh, that's good news! You rock.  : )

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is day 32 for me, not sure why I didn't participate in this group earlier - you all are wonderful!

As I look back on the first 30 days, I realize how much I used to graze, forget to eat, not eat until 2, so on and so forth. How tired, bloated, cranky, etc. I was. Feeling so much better now and I can see a difference in my pictures.  I'm not stopping on the scale until day 46, this should help any back sliding as I want to have a healthy relationship with the scale. 

My biggest challenge right now is that it is pumpkin spice season and I am trying to remain focused as most of the pumpkin spiced items are sweetened. 

11 hours ago, vozelle said:

It's so sad when these threads just die off, and people don't post their results, or organize to move on to another thread for reintroductions. Reintros are SO IMPORTANT!! Where did everybody go? Oh well, *sigh*.

Could be Labor Day weekend has people tied up with plans. Hopefully that is the case. 

Good morning all,

Respect for ll of you doing a Whole45 or 60! I'm still doing my re-intro with dairy. And a little glass of wine yesterday and today.

Only alcohol in weekends and after a month alcohol free 1 glass is enough. I had no real problem with eating compliant, but it is nice to be able to order a salad when we were eating out for lunch yesterday and not having to worry what's in it. Just skipped the bread. Next couple of days we are going on a trip to Rome, there it will be harder I expect. But we'll see, no worries before hand. Enjoy the weekend.

love Karin

3 hours ago, Kaatje64 said:

I'm still doing my re-intro with dairy. And a little glass of wine yesterday and today.

Only alcohol in weekends and after a month alcohol free 1 glass is enough. I had no real problem with eating compliant, but it is nice to be able to order a salad when we were eating out for lunch yesterday and not having to worry what's in it. Just skipped the bread. Next couple of days we are going on a trip to Rome, there it will be harder I expect. 

yeah on your re-intros! Have a wonderful trip! 

I expect to be a serious lightweight once I have an adult beverage. I think "look at all the savings when going out to eat." :D

Sorry I'm late posting but I was out of town working.   NSV: only one headache this month and it was stress related   only needed a sleep aid less than 5 times  

I know this may not sound like victory but for me it is total winning!!!!! Now for the scale victory: down 15 pounds!!! I have been on a plateau for 9 months back and forth with 10 pounds .  I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week and only thing that wasn't in order was my eating.  I have learned so much this month about nutrition and it's effects on my body.  and don't get me started about all the freaking sugar in everything!!! I think that was the biggest eye opener.  Whole30 is amazing and I plan to continue.  Thanks for all the support through this month.

5 hours ago, VickiPWV said:

Sorry I'm late posting but I was out of town working.   NSV: only one headache this month and it was stress related   only needed a sleep aid less than 5 times  

I know this may not sound like victory but for me it is total winning!!!!! Now for the scale victory: down 15 pounds!!! I have been on a plateau for 9 months back and forth with 10 pounds .  I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week and only thing that wasn't in order was my eating.  I have learned so much this month about nutrition and it's effects on my body.  and don't get me started about all the freaking sugar in everything!!! I think that was the biggest eye opener.  Whole30 is amazing and I plan to continue.  Thanks for all the support through this month.

Awesome, congrats!!

On August 31, 2016 at 4:22 PM, cashnic72 said:

Today is day 30 for me. Not a great day like I'd hoped. This morning tried on a pair of pants that I thought would fit well now...still tight. I almost wanted to cry. This afternoon I weighed and have lost 8 lbs. I should not feel this way but I felt disappointment. I was really striving for at least a 10 lb weight loss. Just didn't see that magic number.  And I wish I'd never tried on those stupid pants!! So disappointing!! i am continuing whole30 with an occasional glass of wine for the next 21 days. I still have time. I know I should not be disappointed in an 8 lb weight loss. I think the tight pants are what did it. 

I guess I need to feel like will Ferrell about my tight pants huh 

Thank you for the laugh!  I had never seen that skit- loved it.

Congrats on losing 8 pounds!  

Day 37 and I still haven't stepped on the scale... amazing!  I held my own over the weekend and brought food when I went places, it was easier than trying to navigate through the food items.  

I have a number of friends that want to try this, but the idea of giving up cheese and alcohol terrifies them.  While I do miss the cheese occasionally, it went better than expected.  I have found being the sober one is kind of funny as I get louder and more animated as if I was drinking.  I wonder how much is psychological in our behaviors.  My mom behaves the same way when people are drinking around her. :D

Laura

Reintroduced dairy, experienced very minor sinus congestion, otherwise fine. Hope everyone else is doing well.

I'm going to sign off of this thread, thanks to those of you who offered support. I wish you all good luck with dialing in your eating plan and becoming the healthiest happiest YOU possible!

Remember, "Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!"  : )

Archived