1st August start - group

lovemypaperhouse

:(

well had 2 drinks last night. And I can't say it was a spur of the moment decision, either. I had been thinking about it for a while...got together with friends and decided to have a Tito's vodka/lime/Topo Chico (club soda). Let me tell you, didn't even get through that drink before I felt it!! Going a month without alcohol really makes you into a lightweight! Anyway, had that drink, then just a lime/club soda, then another drink, then another lime/club soda. Definitely balanced it out and did not feel bad afterward or this morning (physically). I would say I had probably 1.5 shots total, really went light on the booze.

but, nevertheless, according to the plan, I have failed. However plan to keep up the food (I have stayed strict to compliant foods) but I will probably continue to have drinks in social settings like that. 

My whole motivation for this plan was an upcoming trip to Germany, which isn't until sept 21. So until then, I am going to continue with whole30 but have an occasional drink here and there. Sorry I didn't make it, I'm on day 26.

good luck to everyone!!! 

Nicole

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3. MORE. DAYS. 

And quite frankly I'm not ready for it to end. This program has had such a profound impact on my mental state; I've definitely lost some weight and have had other positive physical effects, but the biggest thing has been my PMA (positive mental attitude). For the last six months, I've gone to bed every night regretting something I've eaten during the day. But since starting the Whole30, I've finally been able to go to bed guilt-free. Even if I eat a few too many spoonfuls of almond butter with raisins as an unnecessary bedtime snack, I still feel positive and healthy and have no regrets. I want to keep this going for as long as I can, so I just might keep up the Whole30 for a little while longer. (My mom's going to make me eat some bread at the end of the 30 days, just so she can be convinced that I haven't acquired a gluten allergy over my month without wheat. And I might add black beans back in. But that's all I'm thinking at this point.)

However, a lot of this is because I'm scared. I'm scared that I haven't defeated my food issues yet, and by reintroducing foods I'll relapse and never get back on the train. Sigh. We'll see what my near future holds. 

Meals:

Breakfast: 1/3 chicken breast w/ onions, sundried tomatoes, chicken broth, coconut milk, and spices (leftover from last night's dinner) + 1 zucchini fried in olive oil w/ salt and pepper + 1 banana

Lunch: 1 large salad (revisited salad restaurant) w/ olive oil and red wine vinegar + 2 hard-boiled eggs w/ mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and paprika

Dinner: 1 chicken breast, butterflied to sandwich 2 slices of bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise + 1/2 sweet potato, cut into pieces and baked w/ olive oil and spices

Hey everyone, no matter WHERE you are in this journey, you're learning important things about yourself, right? That's great news! On the wagon or off the wagon, I wish everyone well, and I KNOW we have all gained valuable experiences in the days we have spent together so far. Whether you walk away from this experience with the wisdom and knowledge to create happiness and well-being moving forward, or whether you hit some bumps in the road and need to do another Whole30 (or some other healthy program) in the future, this is all a learning experience on your way to a healthier and happier you.

For me, the journey started last Summer with my first Whole30... and I wobbled/fumbled into the after-math with everyone else, just trying to hold on to some of the goodness I had experienced. Over a year and (nearly) four Whole30's later, I have really overhauled the way I eat, and I am standing pretty dang strong in awesome food habits that keep me feeling GOOD. I enjoy treats when "it's really worth it", but stay clean most of the time. I don't miss bread, pasta, pizza, and I have calmed my sugar dragon significantly. It was totally worth it. I probably saved my own life!

So for those of us calling this Day 28, we have TWO DAYS LEFT to study up on reintroductions and make some kind of plan for "riding our own bikes". Look at these links and GET READY!! (and get excited, all your hard work is about to pay off big time!!): http://whole30.com/2016/01/reintroduction-prep/,  http://whole30.com/step-two-finished/

Many many people make a mess of reintros by mixing food groups, adding too many things at once, etc... and becoming totally confused by the whole process, and more sadly, DISCOURAGED. I don't want that to happen to you!! You worked hard and you deserve more!! I want you to learn something valuable from this, and become familiar with exactly what your body wants/needs and what it doesn't. DO REINTROS, TAKE NOTES (they will be invaluable later), STAY CONNECTED ON THE FORUM. You will thank me later!!

Day 28 update: I've reverted back to eating all the time. It's all Whole30-approved, but for the last week I've just been grazing on lots of food day in and day out like I used to before I started. Not quite sure how to break that habit; it's kind of an addiction. Ah well; maybe I'll take September to figure it out. 

Meals:

Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs w/ mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and paprika + 6 strawberries

Lunch: 1 can tuna w/ mayonnaise, horseradish, and spices + 3 sweet-potato-and-zucchini latkes + 7 prunes

Afternoon indulgence: 1 1/4 baked apples w/ almond butter, raisins, pecans, and cinnamon

Dinner: mashed potatoes (w/ chicken broth and mayonnaise instead of milk and butter)

Evening grazing: many more mashed potatoes

Feeling a little bloated, not sure why. Can't believe it's hours away from day 29. I don't think I've lost any weight, which is a bummer because I have A LOT to get rid of. I keep reminding myself that I didn't join this as a weight loss, that would be a nice side effect. I think I am either hormonal or just a bit off kilter. I need to remember that this too shall pass. 

Really wanted a bloody mary or something today. I think it was because it is Sunday and I've told myself I can't have something. It's not even that I wanted it. I'm chalking it up to getting my brain under control and to stop rebelling against me. I need to remind myself that I am feeling much better and that was the biggest thing. 

Time to take a step back and make sure I'm on track.

Laura

13 hours ago, OMistressElise said:

Day 28 update: I've reverted back to eating all the time. It's all Whole30-approved, but for the last week I've just been grazing on lots of food day in and day out like I used to before I started. Not quite sure how to break that habit; it's kind of an addiction. Ah well; maybe I'll take September to figure it out. 

Meals:

Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs w/ mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and paprika + 6 strawberries

Lunch: 1 can tuna w/ mayonnaise, horseradish, and spices + 3 sweet-potato-and-zucchini latkes + 7 prunes

Afternoon indulgence: 1 1/4 baked apples w/ almond butter, raisins, pecans, and cinnamon

Dinner: mashed potatoes (w/ chicken broth and mayonnaise instead of milk and butter)

Evening grazing: many more mashed potatoes

Dear OMistressElise, You have sometimes described your relationship with food so honestly and eloquently here on this forum, and I see that there is a lot of emotional stuff going on (as is true for many of us!)... are you willing to work with a good counselor to explore the root cause? Or consider buying Melissa Hartwig's upcoming book "Food Freedom Forever" to work on it yourself? I'm a psychotherapist, and most women who struggle with eating disorders in life had symptoms that started in their teen/pre-teen years. I can empathize, it started for me in 9th grade. You're too young to suffer for years in an endless battle with food... I sincerely wish you freedom from that fate!! You've made a fantastic start coming here and doing the Whole30... do not give up hope. And P.S. Try to rock the food template for the last few days here!! EAT MORE VEGGIES. EAT ENOUGH PROTEIN AT EVERY MEAL. EAT GOOD FAT. You can do this!!  : )

10 hours ago, laura68 said:

Feeling a little bloated, not sure why. Can't believe it's hours away from day 29. I don't think I've lost any weight, which is a bummer because I have A LOT to get rid of. I keep reminding myself that I didn't join this as a weight loss, that would be a nice side effect. I think I am either hormonal or just a bit off kilter. I need to remember that this too shall pass. 

Really wanted a bloody mary or something today. I think it was because it is Sunday and I've told myself I can't have something. It's not even that I wanted it. I'm chalking it up to getting my brain under control and to stop rebelling against me. I need to remind myself that I am feeling much better and that was the biggest thing. 

Time to take a step back and make sure I'm on track.

Laura

Maybe consider doing a Whole45 or Whole60? Or doing a few reintros and then getting back on the wagon for a second round? Sometimes it takes a little longer, especially if there is significant imbalance in the body, or a lot of healing to do, or a lot of weight to shed. Generally, the body will prioritize healing stuff inside before it feels well enough/safe enough to shed the pounds... good luck! 

Hi everyone,

Glad to see this is a very accepting group!!  Vozelle is right, " no matter WHERE you are in this journey, you're learning important things about yourself "...very very true.  This has been a very good experience for me and I really do not have any plans to go back to my old ways of eating.  I know, the old ways probably creep in eventually, but wow this has definitely made a difference.  Aside from the weight loss (which is GREAT), a few things I have noticed:

• no more night sweats
  • more focus at work...this has been a major improvement
  • Nails are long and strong
  • skin is softer than it's been in 10 years.
  • longer eyelashes  
  • more patience 
  • I laugh harder and much more at things
  • no afternoon slump
  • wake up feeling refreshed
  • sleeping for longer extended periods of time at night (according to my fitbit)
  • not hungry between meals
  • I can whip up a meal of all sorts of fresh ingredients very easily/quickly 

Also...after I had two drinks friday, I had some Saturday at my fantasy football draft.  Sunday was NOT GOOD.  I felt the old way I did before I started Whole30.  short tempered, headache, tired, negative...drinking is really not that great.  I thought that having vodka/lime/club soda would be better than drinking something with lots of sugar or wine...well it still sucked.  So my advice is either drink very little or not at all.  I really hated feeling bad Sunday because I was feeling so good prior to that bad decision!!

y'all hang in there!

also...so curious to know where everyone is from...only if you are ok with sharing.  I'm from Houston (but I think I've mentioned that).

Drumroll ..... Day 30!

for those of us who made it in one piece, only 1 day! For the others, you know now what to expect, what to do differently next time. You know you can do it. For me it was the best Whole30. Maybe it is the experience, maybe the time of year. The group has a lot to do with it, every day there was someone who wrote something and was supported or was supporting. 

Thank you all for being there. You are great. We are great. We did this.

love Karin

13 hours ago, vozelle said:

Dear OMistressElise, You have sometimes described your relationship with food so honestly and eloquently here on this forum, and I see that there is a lot of emotional stuff going on (as is true for many of us!)... are you willing to work with a good counselor to explore the root cause? Or consider buying Melissa Hartwig's upcoming book "Food Freedom Forever" to work on it yourself? I'm a psychotherapist, and most women who struggle with eating disorders in life had symptoms that started in their teen/pre-teen years. I can empathize, it started for me in 9th grade. You're too young to suffer for years in an endless battle with food... I sincerely wish you freedom from that fate!! You've made a fantastic start coming here and doing the Whole30... do not give up hope. And P.S. Try to rock the food template for the last few days here!! EAT MORE VEGGIES. EAT ENOUGH PROTEIN AT EVERY MEAL. EAT GOOD FAT. You can do this!!  : )

Believe it or not, a doctor recommended that I try the Emily Program for my food problems last year. I met with a counselor 3-4 times, but it didn't really help (possibly because my problems aren't solely rooted in food?). I've already identified some of the root causes of my issues (insecurity around food planted by a parent when I was young and my stupidly extreme reaction to it, failing to find a more positive coping mechanism for stress/boredom/procrastination, some OCD). Perhaps I need a non-food-specific counselor...but my mom thinks it's only a matter of time before my habits/issues regulate themselves, and I don't know what to think. I keep trying new methods, getting in a good grove, thinking I can maintain it, then relapsing over and over again. :P Perhaps a Whole45 or a Whole60 will be the key...

I'll try and read that book when it comes out; perhaps it will have some good secrets that I've somehow been missing! 

Day 29 at an end, and I finished my almond butter! I can't believe that I—an essentially genetically-predisposed peanut butter devotee—actually ate a whole jar of almond butter, and in less than a month! I found it's delicious with raisins, chopped pecans, and a boatload of cinnamon (basically a baked apple filling). And my ghee is almost gone too. Who am I?? For the first time, my health food won't be rotting in the back of a cupboard after months of negligence! #success

Meals:

Breakfast: plenty of mashed potatoes from last night

Lunch: the rest of the mashed potatoes + select pieces of fruit from a less-than-stellar Costco fruit bowl + plenty of shrimp w/ Dijon mustard + 1/2 sweet potato, sliced and fried w/ spices in ghee + 7 prunes (note to self and others: 7 prunes is too many if you want your family to be able to breathe the air within five feet of you for the rest of the day)

Afternoon indulgence: the rest of my almond butter w/ cinnamon and chopped pecans

Dinner: 1 chopped chorizo sausage + 1 egg fried in the sausage grease + 1/2 avocado w/ salt + some cantaloupe from said less-than-stellar fruit bowl

Evening indulgence: 2 handfuls of shredded carrots, fried w/ spices in light olive oil

(And @cashnic72—I'm newly from Tucson, and already loving the south!)

20 hours ago, vozelle said:

Maybe consider doing a Whole45 or Whole60? Or doing a few reintros and then getting back on the wagon for a second round? Sometimes it takes a little longer, especially if there is significant imbalance in the body, or a lot of healing to do, or a lot of weight to shed. Generally, the body will prioritize healing stuff inside before it feels well enough/safe enough to shed the pounds... good luck! 

I am going to do a Whole45 and see from there. 

Pretty sure it was mostly hormones. It didn't help that someone recently gave me a bottle of of bloody mary mix and the bottle was sitting out on the counter. I put the bottle away, out of sight out of mind - works well for me. 

I have done so well with over a dozen social outings where those around me were drinking. I had my soda water and I enjoy that, so I didn't feel deprived.  

Seattle over here 

Congrats to those of you that made it to day 30!! Just remember that day 30 is still a compliant day - reintros need to wait until tomorrow - and if you really want to learn from this experience then seriously, don't skip what is arguably the most important part!!

1 more day to push through, yay!  Actually, my husband I were talking last night and have decided to go another month. We've both seen so many positive effects from this and have finally figured out some really good recipes/meal plans., etc. that we'd like to keep going. My husband, especially, has found a lot of changes mentally as well as physically and he wants to keep those  positive habits instilled.  I think it really helped that we both did this together and supported each other.

Day 30 Breakfast:

2 egg omelette with green peppers, mushrooms, onions and avocado,

Hashbrowns

2 slices of whole 30 approved bacon

(1) 8oz black coffee

Day 30 Lunch:

Grilled chicken breast on top of a salad with tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, onions, avocado and spinach topped with a tomato salsa along 

Side of celery and almond butter.

Grapes

Day 30 Dinner:

Spinach salad with tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, onions, avocado,

Grilled asparagus

Turkey burger w/ chipotle mayo

small fruit salad

Day 30 treat - a cup of chamomile tea

Have a great day 30 everyone!

Had tiger blood yesterday!!! Wheee!!! I'm going to keep going until the weekend, then start reintros. I look forward to seeing all your check-ins tomorrow... start thinking about all those NSV's you want to brag about ("Non-Scale Victories")... and yes, you get to weigh yourself tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, here's some great wisdom from the infamous Whole30 timeline. Rock this last day, everybody!  Love V (from Santa Cruz, CA)

timeline-menu-days-29-30

Days 29-30: HolyOprahIt’sAlmostOverWhatAmIGoingToEatNow?!?!?!

It’s day 29, and you’re still rocking. The thoughts you had yesterday of throwing in the towel are gone. You cruise through the day and as you crawl into bed you have a small thought that then grows into full-blown cold-sweat panic. Holy crap. Tomorrow is day 30. The last day. What the hell are you going to do after that?! You worked so hard, fought through all the anger, the naps, the cravings to get to the awesome you’re feeling now. The rules have been your backbone, your lifeline, your excuse for being “that person” in social situations. Are you just going to give them up on day 31? No. You firmly resolve that there will be no deviation on day 31. If it ain’t broke…

It’s totally normal to feel a twinge of panic as your Whole30 comes to a close. For the past month, you’ve lived, breathed, and literally eaten the rules. You feel incredible in your new high-octane body. It’s natural to hesitate at the thought of making any changes – even if the change is a return to what was “normal” for you before. And, the truth is, you don’t have to go back to the way you used to eat. But keep in mind that the Whole30 was intended to be a reset, an introduction into the world of Good Food. I know it’s scary, but keep an open mind, okay?

timeline-menu-day-31

Day 31: Deep breathing. And maybe some ice cream.

Your sanity returned at some point on day 30 and you realized that eventually, you will have to come out of your perfect Whole30 bubble. Try as you may, you won’t always be able to make life fit inside the Whole30 rules. Does that mean you’re headed off-road at 90 miles per hour? No. But it does mean that you’ll give the reintroduction protocol (in It Starts With Food) the same attention you gave the last 30 days and be honest with yourself about your reactions – physical and emotional – to food. And tonight, that might just mean a bowl of ice cream. And that’s okay.

We don’t expect you to live your life Whole365. We do expect you to take what you’ve learned and use the information to carefully evaluate how the foods you were eating before make you feel now that you’ve eliminated them (and any of their negative effects) from your body. We doexpect you to listen to the feedback your body and mind give you and change your food relationships. And we do expect you to make conscious choices about when and how to go off-plan…and when you do, enjoy it!

Your Mileage May Vary

Of course, no two people’s Whole30 experience is the same, and you may find you breeze past some of these phases while being stuck in others for longer than you anticipated. Either way, we hope you use The Timeline to help you prepare for your first Whole30, or to look back on after your Whole30 and reflect on whether we were more right than wrong here.

It is so fun to read all the check ins! I have certainly appreciated having the support and place to share with this group. It is funny, even just hitting the "like" button told me someone was acknowledging my efforts, and I felt connected with that small gesture!

I have been on the hunt for a new doctor and went to one yesterday to "interview" him and check in for a few things. I found I have lost 6 lbs this month - and while that may not seem like a lot...it is my belly that went down...down...down, and that was very important for me. I am not a winded when I walk or work out, and my clothing fit much better these days.

My new doc told me he had tried W30 once and only made it to day 11, so he was impressed I had made it to day 30 yesterday. Oh, he is only about 35, fit and trim...athletic-type. While we talked I realized all I have learned from this month being on this program and some things I will keep applying to help me stay on goal - that is to loose a good amount of weight, like 80lbs. I gave myself a year to do it and started in May, so far I am down 26lbs.

I am an emotional eater, but I now know how to identify with that personal part of my life much better now and I have the tools to either stop it - or if I feel I can't, I have options other than a BIG bag of M&Ms (yes, that has happened...) or a HUGE grilled cheese sandwich to "comfort" me.  I have options to get up and move, take a bath, go for a walk, paint my nails, call a friend...anything but sit and stuff my face....Also, I have felt good enough to go to workout classes at my gym, and they are had so I am not going to pile all those calories right back on that I worked so hard to sweat off!

After this month I feel more in-tune with my body, my head and body feel connected right now. Sounds strange, but for me, as a mindless eater, it is like your head and body are not "one".

I've tried some new foods and new recipes this month; and I have learned that you do not need to smoother food with cheese to make it taste good. I have learned I do not really care for creamy salad dressing; I like my balsamic. I don't miss dairy products like I thought I would, and I don't miss rice or pasta, I have healthy alternative I actually  like better now; cauliflower rice and zoodles!

I know I will add a few things back, but one really big lesson I am taking with me is there is sugar in everything! Being per-diabetic I now read labels and find alternatives. I have a chance to turn this type II around with diet and I will do that.

Everyone have an awesome ending to the month, it's time for a new season another reason to take good care of YOU. I've enjoyed getting to know you a bit, and I am from Oregon.

Well, Day 30 is winding down, and...I made it. I stuck to healthy food for 30 whole days, people. I made it 30 days without tortillas. I made it 30 days without cheese. I made it 30 days without tortillas filled with cheese. I made at least 10 different Pinterest recipes. (Like literally, Pinterest actually served a productive purpose in my life.) I learned how to make chicken and beef and potatoes and frittatas and mayonnaise. 

This has been one of the greatest months of my life. I've been able to go to bed without feeling guilty about my food choices. Both my mental health and my bodily health have improved. (And while my acne, my allergies, and my Tourette's did not wane, at least I now have confirmation that they are purely genetic and were not necessarily exacerbated by my food choices.)

Even though I've relapsed a bit into my exorbitant eating habits as this month draws to a close, there are so many other things to be positive about (and something can definitely be said for bingeing on carrots instead of chips!). And I am so, so grateful to everyone on the forum for engaging with me and encouraging me and expressing concern about my protein intake and being Whole30-Mom figures to me. I wish I could hug every one of you and say thank you personally, because I have really felt connected and like I have a community with you all. 

And now I will chart the last of my official Whole30 meals. 

Meals:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in olive oil w/ onion, red pepper, and spices + 1 bowlful of blueberries

Lunch: 2 fried egg patty roll-ups w/ bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise + many shredded carrots fried w/ spices in olive oil

Afternoon indulgence: 8 prunes

Dinner: undoubtedly too much taco meat w/ guacamole, salsa, and lettuce + 1 plum

8 hours ago, Judip said:

I know I will add a few things back, but one really big lesson I am taking with me is there is sugar in everything! Being pre-diabetic I now read labels and find alternatives. I have a chance to turn this type II around with diet and I will do that.

Rock on, you!! You'll absolutely be able to turn it around, and you'll be an inspiration to others also!! Your pancreas LOVES you and THANKS you.  : )

Jay we did it! 

So enjoyed my homemade yoghurt with fruits and homemade granola for breakfast. 

The scales were friendly this morning, lost 3,6 kg (almost 8 lbs), but the main thing is of course feeling better, sleeping better. So I want to stay away from sugar and grains, because after a couple of Whole30's I know they are my main disturbing and addictive foods. Thank you all for being here

love Karin

9 hours ago, Kaatje64 said:

Jay we did it! 

So enjoyed my homemade yoghurt with fruits and homemade granola for breakfast. 

The scales were friendly this morning, lost 3,6 kg (almost 8 lbs), but the main thing is of course feeling better, sleeping better. So I want to stay away from sugar and grains, because after a couple of Whole30's I know they are my main disturbing and addictive foods. Thank you all for being here

love Karin

Congrats Karin!

So glad you enjoyed your breakfast... but FYI, I think you just introduced TWO food groups at once... right??  1) grains in the homemade granola, and 2) yoghurt. (If your granola was somehow made with Whole30 compliant ingredients, then please ignore my comments!!). Also, added sugars were probably in there somewhere (I prefer to test sugar separately).

Hopefully you won't have a negative reaction, and get confused about which food caused it... but if you do, you'll need to retest Grains and Dairy separately!!

See reintroduction guidelines below, and GOOD LUCK!  : )

Sample Schedule

Here is a sample 10-day reintroduction schedule. Feel free to alter your particular food choices to suit your needs.

Day 1: Evaluate legumes, while keeping the rest of your diet Whole30 compliant. Try some peanut butter on your green apple with breakfast, a bowl of miso soup at lunch, and a side of black beans with dinner, while paying attention to how you feel. Then, go back to the Whole30 for the next two days, and see how things go. Pay attention, evaluate and decide how, how often and how much to incorporate legumes into your regular diet—if at all.

Day 4: Evaluate non-gluten grains*, while keeping the rest of your diet Whole30 compliant. Eat a serving of white rice, some corn tortilla chips, and a slice of gluten-free bread, while paying attention to how you feel. Then, return to the Whole30 for the next two days, and see how things go. Pay attention, evaluate and decide how, how often and how much to incorporate non-gluten grains into your regular diet—if at all. *Corn, rice, certified gluten-free oats, quinoa, etc.

Day 7: Evaluate dairy, while keeping the rest of your diet Whole30 compliant. Have yogurt in the morning, some cheese in the afternoon, and ice cream after dinner, while paying attention to how you feel. Then, return to the Whole30 for the next two days, and see how things go. Pay attention, evaluate and decide how, how often and how much to incorporate dairy into your regular diet—if at all.

Day 10: Evaluate gluten-containing grains*, while keeping the rest of your diet Whole30 compliant.  Gluten is such nasty stuff that we want to break it out from the other grains, so you can evaluate it all by itself. Over the course of your day, eat a muffin, two slices of whole wheat bread, and a side of whole wheat pasta, while paying attention to how you feel. Then, return to the Whole30 for the next two days, and see how things go. Pay attention, evaluate and decide how, how often and how much to incorporate gluten grains into your regular diet—if at all.*Anything made from wheat, rye, or barley.

NOTE: If this 10-day approach seems too aggressive for you, or you simply feel too good to incorporate all of these foods back into your life right now, check out our Slow Roll optionhttp://whole30.com/2014/09/dear-melissa-slow-reintroduction-roll/

Hi Vozelle,

thank you for your concern, since it is my fourth Whole30, I know what triggers my system. The granola was gluten free and dairy, especially goat and my homemade yoghurt aren't bothering me. It's grains with gluten and sugar that will get me and my body into trouble. So I will try to wait as long as possible with eating those and minimise my intake.

love Karin

Today is day 30 for me. Not a great day like I'd hoped. This morning tried on a pair of pants that I thought would fit well now...still tight. I almost wanted to cry. This afternoon I weighed and have lost 8 lbs. I should not feel this way but I felt disappointment. I was really striving for at least a 10 lb weight loss. Just didn't see that magic number.  And I wish I'd never tried on those stupid pants!! So disappointing!! i am continuing whole30 with an occasional glass of wine for the next 21 days. I still have time. I know I should not be disappointed in an 8 lb weight loss. I think the tight pants are what did it. 

I guess I need to feel like will Ferrell about my tight pants huh 

5 hours ago, cashnic72 said:

Today is day 30 for me. Not a great day like I'd hoped. This morning tried on a pair of pants that I thought would fit well now...still tight. I almost wanted to cry. This afternoon I weighed and have lost 8 lbs. I should not feel this way but I felt disappointment. I was really striving for at least a 10 lb weight loss. Just didn't see that magic number.  And I wish I'd never tried on those stupid pants!! So disappointing!! i am continuing whole30 with an occasional glass of wine for the next 21 days. I still have time. I know I should not be disappointed in an 8 lb weight loss. I think the tight pants are what did it. 

@cashnic72—I feel your pain!! The scale and the pants always seem to be at odds with each other, in my experience (look at me, saying "in my experience" like I'm not only 17 :lol:); either the pants fit but the scale seems not to have changed, or the scale shows progress but for some reason the jeans won't button. I've had both instances happen to me, and it can be depressing. (ESPECIALLY for something like the Whole30, where there are success stories all over that are like "I lost 15 whole pounds and ALL my pants fit now!!") Sometimes it just takes longer. (And sometimes it means chucking the pants and finding satisfaction where you're at! I've had to do that.) 8 pounds is still plenty and wonderful, and after letting yourself feel what disappointment you deem necessary regarding the pants, I hope you can be happy about how far you've come from the beginning of the month!

Little update on the youngster front: I weighed in this morning (very hesitantly, as I was scared that my questionable portion sizes of the last few days might have thrown off a potentially impressive de-poundage), and...I'm 10 pounds down. I haven't seen that number since December when I got my tonsils out and barely ate for the week before out of apprehension. :lol: It's a good feeling (to understate dramatically). 

Starting reintro (guys, I forgot how magical peanut butter is). Had PB on an apple for breakfast, black bean pasta for lunch, and a side of peas for dinner. I'll keep tabs on my body's reaction over the next few days. 

Once again, thanks to all for your support, and honestly GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE. YOU MADE IT. YOU ARE HERE. No matter what the scale or your pants say, you've succeeded. Be proud of y'selves. 

Archived