W60/W90 advice

Day 27 of my second W30 and feeling good but apprehensive about the finish line.  I did a W30 much earlier in the year and felt great but kept the sugar grip alive with too much fruit.  Followed reentry and then fell off wagon and caved to incredible sugar addiction.  Now trying to set it right and this time around have dramatically cut back on fruit and following meal template to the T (last time i know i wasn't eating enough fat).  Seriously thinking about extending to a W60 or 90 just to see if the extra time is what I need to retrain my brain and get rid of the bad habits.  Off W30 I am a generally healthy eater; cook all my own meals etc. but under stress give way to binges with sugar being the absolute trigger.  Although I know I need to make this decision, would love to hear from anyone that has done a W60 or W90 and what the experience was.  Thank you!

• Moderators

I went about 120 days when I started before I began to eat anything off plan. I did not plan to go so long, but was happy with how I felt and I did not want to risk messing things up. I remember very well how disappointed I was with a piece of cheese cake I ate. Everyone else at the table thought it was great, but I didn't think it was special at all. My taste buds were different after 120 days of no added sugar. I was never addicted to sugar, but it had even less power over me after I knew what it was like to eat real food for a long time. 

Archived